CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

CAN-AM vs. John Deere

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 04:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAN-AM vs. John Deere

Hello everybody,

This is my first post. I live on a farm and have alway's been a John Deere fan. I also like John Deere since there is a factory within 10 miles or so of where I live.

What is the difference between the Can-Am's and the John Deere's other than the obvious cosmetic differences? Of course we'll compare equal size motors. I believe that the 650cc. is the largest John Deere available, that is the one I would like to buy.

I want a utility ATV that I can have some fun on. I don't need to go too fast, although I like fast ecceleration. I need a 4x4.

Is there any reason not to buy a John Deere ATV?

Old 01-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

John Deere stopped making new ATV's this year, you would have to buy used or new old stock. I've got the Buck 500, it is a great utility ATV. I pull a harrow (450 lbs.) and a feed wagon (600-700 lbs.) with mine. They have said they will support their ATV's parts wise for many years so hopefully that is true.

Old 01-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Range Rover

The John Deere atv's are and we're made by Can-Am/Bombardier. The only difference between them is the color.

Old 01-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Trailblazer

I just got a new can am outlander XT 400cc 4x4 today and I love the thing.. awesome power! I havent been wide open, but the seat of pants feeling is pretty good on just the 400 model. I farm and plan on using it around the farm. But mostly this is my hunting and play toy. The ride is very smooth also!

the 650 was over kill for me but they do make a nice 500EFI model now. But its about 1500k more than the 400!

A friend works at the can am dealer and he has the 650 model and he said that thing hauls azz! They make a 800efi model now also but thats 9600+. But you can hits speeds of 83+ on that

the 400's go roughly 53-60mph from what I see on here.. I got the last 06 model the dealer had that the XT's were 7199 but I got mine for 6399. That comes with the winch and all[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Just the darn winch is 400bucks! Mines not broken in yet, so ill let you know after 10 hours how much power she really has

Old 01-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Range Rover

Crazyfarmer congrats on the new Outtie!!!!!!

Old 01-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The John Deere atv's are and we're made by Can-Am/Bombardier. The only difference between them is the color.
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>

You cant be serious. So the John Deere has a Rotax V-Twin engine? And Visko lock? Thats a bad a** John Deere! Are they priced the same? How imbarassing would that be!? I got blown away in a drag by a John Deere!! LOL!!

Old 01-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer

thanks 12many

btw, ontario4x4, JD suks anyway.. Case IH is the way to go farming[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] HAHAHHA kidding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

everything we farm with is red.. I cant stand green

Old 01-18-2007, 11:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

There are minor differences in the two. I have a Bombardier Traxter. They are gear to gear and built super tough. The Deere has a different dash and obviously different color but most everything else is the same. For farming they can't be beat. For trails? Well I think they can. To say one is better than the other is like saying a Chevy is better than a GMC. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
btw, ontario4x4, JD suks anyway.. Case IH is the way to go farming HAHAHHA kidding everything we farm with is red.. I cant stand green
Ha ha ha ha...........you might want to rethink that last statement crazyfarmer........................remember you bought the GREEN Bomb, and not the RED one!!!!!!!!!!!! If I knew you were a Case guy I would have told you to buy the RED one!!!!!!
I just went the other way. Had a Case for 43 years and this year went with a Deere. Deere is nice but the seat just does not fit the same after 43 years on the Case!!!

Old 01-19-2007, 12:02 AM
Trailblazer

well this is dark green:-P not JD green:-P HAHAHHAHAHAA........ you got me there though:-P

Old 01-19-2007, 08:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

Crazyfarmer,
You are going to LOVE that outlander. Mine is an 04 that I got 5/05. It now has just under 3000 miles on it. Most of which was hard, or fast, or wet, or all 3. 1 mechanical problem, right out of the gate I had to relocate the voltage regulator. But that was a free "recall" type repair.
It is the best handling and fastest wheeler in the 400 class. (jury is not in yet regarding the 450 kingquad) Mine routinely runs 60 to 61 mph (speedometer indicated), gets nearly 100 miles before going to reserve, muds well, and climbs like a mountain goat.
It is simply the best 400 class atv on the market.

Quick Reply: CAN-AM vs. John Deere