CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

so who is building what ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so who is building what ???

the 1400 kawasaki has some problems too. the cylinders and top case of the engine are 1 piece which makes them absolute hell to work on. also the cylinders are only .160 apart which gives almost no room for the head gasket to get a bite.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: supersonictoys
guess Im tired of having the same conversation over and over, and again, you guys do what you want but do you know why turbo companies are not making a kit for the r1 motor cycle? just got off the phone this morning with the largest manufacturer of motorcycle turbo kits in the country and he told me that there is a price you pay for having a light little engine, its light but you lose durability and strength and the R1 will make 300hp but would grenade on a daily basis, cranks , rods, are to light and the tranny is also way to tiny.(which is basically what I have been telling you guys all along) I know from experience that the clutches on r1's are also very marginal with stock hp. there is a difference when you start taking snowmobiles . your motor jed is basically rev limited by your clutching and will basically never see 14k rpm unles for some reason you choose to be at wide open throttle while in mid air. also you have NO transmission or multi plate wet clutch to worry about. still, untill you drag your sled on the dyno and show me your dyno chart Im going to still say finding 260 hp anywhere on your machine is BS and just exagerated numbers used to sell expensive turbo kits. also , yes the r1 has its value and for its intended use it works fine but when you start pumping them up you will be moving dangerously close to the edge of disaster. do you guys have any idea how many r1's were sold last year in the US? 2500 total . yamaha and honda are the read headed step children of the motorcycle industry where streetbikes engines and making big power is concerned . Kawasaki and suzuki have always been the powerplants of choice by anyone wanting to make big power with a bike engine. put that in your pipe and smoke it.... instead of that crack you 2 are obviously smoking which is obviously imparing your thinking

How much are ya willing to bet on the numbers Greg? I got the proof, but want some of your cash, lol!!
With the rest of your post, I agree. I will never see 14,000 rpm, no reason for it, my engine peaks at 10,500. I dont have no clutch or tranny so to speak, so your right there too. 300hp out of the Sled version R1 is nothing. Try this website Greg just for your own info. www.ty4stroke.com Go under the turbo/supercharger section. There is a thread titled I just dynoed my CPR turbo Apex WOW!! Then call Jeff Simmons and tell him he is High.

However, I dont own a R1 powered bike, or a Busa, so your argument is valid. My argument stands only with the R1 powered sled engines.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

Just ordered me a 2005 Busa motor kit with all guages and everything with less than 5000 miles I am a very happy man [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-20-2007, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

a good choice [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2007, 04:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

question:

after looking at some of your pics, i was wondering how much fun did you have with the streetbike conversions?....specifically the big KZ and the RD. they look totally badass, but total monsters to ride.

i was thinking of build a simple 3 wheeler out of one of the late model 600cc sportbikes, just to cruise around on.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

Here are some interesting Dyno numbers for you guys wanting turbo's

http://www.efrracing.com/

Old 03-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

Well I pulled the trigger on a roller today( verbal) Just couldn't pass it up! Its about 1 1/2 hours away so I'll Take a trip out next Sun. to pick it up!! All of my Gsxr 1000 motors are spoken for (4), so what should I do with this one??HUMMM?? GREG !! How about some pictures of those BUSA!! Bike conversions. CURTIS! Gotta get a move on YOUR BUSA Build, NOW! I really want to know how much faster your going to be!! lol !!

Old 03-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

I know it's not a turbo busa or an RX-1, but a blaster. My friends built just a Blaster with a RM250 motor for a light, quick quad. The blaster has practically no weight to it to begin with, then add a 2-stroke 250cc dirtbike motor, hell yea. and you can do something else with it besides dunes! more than enough from my modded raptor 350. its not a busa or a street bike but close enough!

Old 03-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

My Busa Instrument cluster arrived today. It looks good. The motor will be here in a couple of days. Frame mods start this weekend.

Can't wait to get it done. We should be completed by the 8th of April.....that is the goal.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

mines just about ready to be stripped back down for powder coat. wish my tires and wheels would get here so I could set up my ride height and finish up my swing arm. Curtis, you should have some tires within the next day or two. they were shipped already . mine on the other hand wont be here till the end of the week because they messed up my order. ordered 25 x 12 x 10's and ended up with 25 x 10 12's.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: so who is building what ???