CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

water pump design is garbage!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water pump design is garbage!!

Hightower that looks great. Looks factory even.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water pump design is garbage!!

Where to start? I got the call today that all parts are in so my outlander's waterpump shaft can be replaced. Then about 3 hours later I get a call from the dealer telling me that I need 2 new pistons and rings as well as the cylinders honed. I ride the machine but I also maintain the machine. I have 678 miles on it and 61 engine hours on it. The pistons are scored a little on the intake side on both of them and only below the piston rings. That to me would indicate either severe over heating, which hello- the water pump shaft was leaking out coolant and it over heated b4. or it could be a bad oil pump not getting enough oil to it. The cylinders looked good and the scarring on the pistons is about the width of your thumb. Mechanic says that since there is dirt in the intake- more like dust- that it is not covered under warranty- that is the same way 2 of my buddies got screwed. I still have some checking to do with their B.E.S.T. warranty people but I believe it is more from the oil pump not working correctly or the water pump pissing out coolant. I told them to put it back together so I can take it to a different dealership about 25 miles south and have them run a compression check and oil pressure check on it. Anyone have any suggestions? This dealer didn't do a compression check, he was just repairing the pump shaft and wouldn't mic it either to tell me if it was in spec. Should I tell them to leave it disassembled?