CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Sidewinder Junk

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sidewinder Junk

Here is what is says on there website. Looks like it is for breakage only. We have a friend with a hopped up banshee and his would ratchet and they said as long as he has the whole sidewinder set up than it is covered. Hope this helps.

Sidewinder backs up it's Generation 5, Tri-Metal rear sprockets with
an unheard of 100% Lifetime Guarantee against breakage or failure of the
bonding between the inner core and outer ring. This guarantee is for the useful life
of the sprocket and does not cover failures induced by subjecting the sprocket to
service duty beyond the point of wear warranting maintenance replacement.

Damage caused by collision, chain failure or inadequately tightened fixing bolts, are likewise
beyond the scope of coverage of this guarantee.

Ride with Confidence. This Tri-Metal Won't Break.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Sidewinder Junk

Wow! I am tempted to give Sidewinder a try! 3 Years???? I go through a sprocket about every two weekends with my 800 motor......and those are steel Banshee sprockets! They always hook.

If I could get 6 months out of a Sidewinder it would save me half.

Old 03-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sidewinder Junk

Like I said guys I don't have a problem replacing parts that wear out. The problem is the sidewinder junk is 5 times more the money then the other aftermarket stuff and does not last any longer.
They sell the stuff to you telling you it will be the last chain/sprocket set you will ever buy !!!

Old 03-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sidewinder Junk

Originally posted by: cynick
Here is what is says on there website. Looks like it is for breakage only. We have a friend with a hopped up banshee and his would ratchet and they said as long as he has the whole sidewinder set up than it is covered. Hope this helps.

Sidewinder backs up it's Generation 5, Tri-Metal rear sprockets with
an unheard of 100% Lifetime Guarantee against breakage or failure of the
bonding between the inner core and outer ring. This guarantee is for the useful life
of the sprocket and does not cover failures induced by subjecting the sprocket to
service duty beyond the point of wear warranting maintenance replacement.

Damage caused by collision, chain failure or inadequately tightened fixing bolts, are likewise
beyond the scope of coverage of this guarantee.

Ride with Confidence. This Tri-Metal Won't Break.

Just a heads up but that statement is for the Tri-Metal... I don't know if they make those for the DS... the kit I got was the Ti-Moly... totally different, but still does not have a lifetime warranty.

MRD, have you been religious about lubing your chain... I'm at the end of my first season with the Ti-Moly and there is barley any wear... you can still see the machining on most of the teeth.. and I'm running a stage 1 with a 350 lb rider. And not to start chit but I can't imagine you getting three years out of the cheap aluminum rears that rocky mountain sells... you would go through 5 or 6 of those in the time you burned up your Sidwinder.

Good luck!

Old 03-31-2007, 05:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Sidewinder Junk

Sidewinder is a marketing ploy, a gimic, nothing more. and quite ingenius too, for salesman with a total lack in morality.

I paid high dollar for a sidewinder 530 so called ti-moly garbage. it has the same amount of wear on it as my stock 530 chain in an equal amount of time. it is no better, no worse, but double the money. And I take as good a care of my chain as is possible, it can't be done any better.

Old 03-31-2007, 12:35 PM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sidewinder Junk

That's the same place I am Hightower. Take care of my stuff probably to the point of over service. This crap still wears out just as fast as the stock stuff and it is 5 times more money. Great job in maketing though !!!