CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Anyone live in Michigan??

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone live in Michigan??

For all you guys that live in the great state of Michigan, I need some advice. We have a trip planned for next weekend, April 12-15th to Silver Lake. Cabin is kinda paid for already. With the weather not looking to good, I'd like to get some details on any trail systems close to Silver Lake...if its too snowy to ride the dunes, we might just take our dirt tires also and ride some trails.

Anyone got any suggestions, web links are great!

Thanks, Dave

Old 04-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone live in Michigan??

Hey Dingo.
You might want to check out the trails near Baldwin. They are the closest trails near Silver Lake that are worth riding. If you like tight twisty trails theres Little O (50 in. ATV/cycle trail), or if you like something wider and faster, try Little Manistee, Lincoln Hills (both are connected) These give you about 75 miles of ORV route trails . Or you could check out Tin Cup Springs (one of my favorites, about 26 mi.) which is also an ORV route trail. All are great trails and easy to navigate. You could easily travel all routes in a single day, then travel them in opposite direction the next day, makes for good riding. Each loop takes about an hour to do at a decent clip. Theres also a camp ground and gas station accessible from trail system. Rain makes for decent trail conditions, otherwise they are really dusty. Can't go wrong if the dune scene is a bust. Watch for oncomming traffic and stay to the right on blind corners, otherwise let 'er rip! This is the best I can do for a link, not real savvy on this thing, can barely type! http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7...8330--,00.html