CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Seen me a RZR at the dunes this weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Seen me a RZR at the dunes this weekend.

Yep, Rexburg Motorsports had one out there with there supercharged rhino, and a mildy moded rhino. First things first...........holy crap are they tiny. They really are about the size of a large utility quad. It seemed to get around well, and sounded nice and quiet. They were all jumping and it seemed to jump ok. I talked with the folks, and the guy with the Charged rhino told me it does very well. It wont drag with his, but runs right with the other rhino, and its not even broke it yet.

As far as me....since mines a four seater, boy am I glad I have the Rhino. If I was just looking for one to keep as a two up, I would look heavily into it. But it really is alot smaller than a rhino. I am convinced its narrow stance stock, is going to have a huge aftermarket support to get that thing wider.

Otherwise, it looks good, sounds good, and runs well. Cant ask for much more.

Just FYI!

Old 05-20-2007, 09:45 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I'm not mistaken, it has the same width (50 in) as the DS, and sits 7 inches lower than the Rhino, so should look much smaller and handle quite a bit better. Remember, the RZR was built for sport, the Rhino was built to haul manure.
I would assume that the RZR will smoke and outperform any of the SXS that hit the market earlier being it's sole purpose is to play with, not be farm machinery or a utility vehicle.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

so jed was it alot more powerful than a stock rhino? I mean, 800cc's fuel injected cc's verses 660 carbed and 100lbs less weight, I would think it would be alot more powerful. did the thing look kind of stupid in your opinion? or just too small? curious because I have money down on one. LOL and have never seen it in person..... Gulp[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] also what is mildly modded? pipe and a rev box? bore kit? cams? bigger carb? sure would love a littlemore info. thanks

Old 05-20-2007, 11:43 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: aceisback

If I'm not mistaken, it has the same width (50 in) as the DS, and sits 7 inches lower than the Rhino, so should look much smaller and handle quite a bit better. Remember, the RZR was built for sport, the Rhino was built to haul manure.

<span class="FTHighlightFont">I would assume that the RZR will smoke and outperform any of the SXS</span ft> that hit the market earlier being it's sole purpose is to play with, not be farm machinery or a utility vehicle.</end quote></div>

That is until Can Am makes a sport side by side.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

SST,

I saw one at Silver Lake dunes this weekend and thought it looked awesome. For a 2-seater, it would be my choice. Thought it was very cool looking stock, really liked the styling and didn't think it looked too small. Its only 4" narrower than a Rhino, but definitely looks more sporty. $10g's... OUCH though

Old 05-21-2007, 07:37 AM
Pro Rider

farm equipment goes to the prom!!!!

Old 05-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider

Greg, It is really small and looks tiny in comparison to a Rhino. By itself it looks ok. Its like a For Ranger sitting by itself, looks pretty good. Put it in the middle a some full size trucks, and not so good anymore.
The guy said the one Rhino was modded. I could see a pipe, intake and paddles. What else was done I dont know. The charged Rhino made it over Crapo! He was impressed with how well the RZR did.
Personally, I dont like it. But I wanted a four seater, and there is no way with this. It sounded good. Looked like it went pretty good. But was tiny. I bet its a blast in the trails. But I dont want to bump the person next to me on every bump.
Vic, on the first part, I agree. Your point was my point on my dislikes. On your second part, remember what assumptions are?

Old 05-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Yeah, and I make a big ol' one!LOL

Old 05-21-2007, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

LOL!

Old 05-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Technically the RZR is only a 760, so its got 100cc advantage and 100lbs less weight than the Rhino. If someone want to widen the track going to the 14" tire/wheel kit adds 4" overall to the width putting it at the same as the Rhino at 54". With its lower seat height I can see this being adequate for most needing the extra width, without having to shell out big $$ for a long travel kit.

The Polaris dealer in Auburn that we have a deposit with is now telling us early/mid June. We were originally told mid May but it looks like his first shipment was pushed out by Polaris[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Seen me a RZR at the dunes this weekend.