CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

she's home.... now what?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default she's home.... now what?

but if you took the cover off your tranny, wouldnt oil come spilling out? im just wondering if im going to have to pay another 20$ for oil

Old 06-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: crazy1291

kk, valve adjustments are important i see..... how much does it cost? it involves a bit more work than on a standard quad, as you also have to remove the cvt cover and some other stuff

edit: will they have to replace the gearbox oil if they take off the cvt cover? will it come spilling out?</end quote></div>

Should be about 150 at most bike shops, as long as its nothing more than a re-shim. If your valves have worn too far because they got too tight you may have head damage, but I think you said you DS was only a few months old maybe??? If its that young you have nothing to worry about. If its an older DS that has never been adjusted you may have some issues.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

I would first try putting new gas which you did them try cleaning the carb out and get a new plug then go and get a valve adjustment if needed(depending on how many hrs it has been ridden)

Old 06-23-2007, 05:47 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: FatHolly

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: crazy1291

kk, valve adjustments are important i see..... how much does it cost? it involves a bit more work than on a standard quad, as you also have to remove the cvt cover and some other stuff

edit: will they have to replace the gearbox oil if they take off the cvt cover? will it come spilling out?</end quote></div>

Should be about 150 at most bike shops, as long as its nothing more than a re-shim. If your valves have worn too far because they got too tight you may have head damage, but I think you said you DS was only a few months old maybe??? If its that young you have nothing to worry about. If its an older DS that has never been adjusted you may have some issues.</end quote></div>

150 for a valve adjustment, I dont know where you are from but if I were you Id buy the tools and do it myself before I paid that

Old 06-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Trailblazer

my sons new DS250 ran like crap just like yours till I put a dynojet kit in. Factory jetting on the DS is BS now it starts no choke everytime idles smooth, great pick up . I do all my own service and valves on the DS were real easy to do but after 30hrs of trail and track riding they were dead on 4 thou called the dealer to double check he said thats good thats typical of these DS motors. I would try what bombrider04 said, clean carb real good put in a new plug. My sons Ds runs flawless yours will to