CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Boondocker Outtie

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boondocker Outtie

Mario,

He doesnt have a problem with the carbed version, it just seems he was a bit misinformed regarding how Boondockers gets the extra fuel into an EFI sytem when running Nitrous.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sandworks, do I know anything. I bet I have ran more nitrous than most anyone on this forum. I ran Boondockers on my machine for years, and we still have it on my brothers machine and one of my builds. Boondockers themselves are locals to St Anthony. Guess how many people run Boondockers at St Anthony? tons. Guess how many nitrous efi machines there are? Tons. I dont know the gentlemen you spoke of, so I cant comment on what happened to his engines. But I do know the Boondocker setup, and what you are saying is completely false, inaccurate bs! Next time before you say something you know nothing about, research. Dont want to here anything about this my buddies girlfriends dads cousin runs it on his John deer and it blew up!

As for where I should stay or be. I was on this forum before you, or your other user names. So who are you to tell me where I should be? Grow up kid.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Steveo10

Guyz from around here are putting the happy button on a tricked out Outtie with a 25HP boost. Running 25" tires with the lightest rim/rubber combo around.

Hope 2 have some timez to post in the near future.

Now just have to crack the ECM?</end quote></div>

Now that the incorrect info is out of the way, as Redstone said, make sure you compensate for other engine mods that encourage more airflow so you don't run lean with a system designed to run with your OEM ECU.

You mentioned "tricked out" outy's. Are they doing any motor mods besides nitrous?

Old 07-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Sounded like he was making a general claim. But Ive see the boonies do good on a carbed motor. I didnt know about the efi issures.

Mike was getting ready to try and dial both sides of snorkle tubes in with MEter.

How ya been Marky?

Old 07-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER

Sounded like he was making a general claim. But Ive see the boonies do good on a carbed motor. I didnt know about the efi issures.

Mike was getting ready to try and dial both sides of snorkle tubes in with MEter.

How ya been Marky?</end quote></div>

The meter is a good thing! I've been great ... I've been looking for a house, which took me up to Tremonton. But Im not sure I want to move all the way up there and work out of my home because they just asked me to enroll in thier leadership program. That program takes a year to go through, so I will probably now wait to see what turns up with that.

I still havent been out riding since the Oregon Trip. Just no time.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

Possible issues with EFI/boondocker? Seem to have no/very little problems on sleds

Old 07-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

Its more likey a problem with too many high-flow mods and either no extra compensation via the box, or the fuel injectors are maxed out already. I've seen this problem in some very highly modded sleds with EFI. What we did at BOSS was when the fuel injectors were maxed out, we added the Boss Nitrous system with a fuel pump. That way the engine gets enough fuel to go with the nitrous. We just placed the fuel dumps right before the injectors on the filter side. There are other solutions like secondary fuel injectors, but that starts to get a bit more complicated that what we probably need here.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:27 PM
amd
Pro Rider

I am not sure why I am going to say anything here but, anyway. A dry kit on an efi is the easiest way to run n20. There is always room on an efi system for n20. Meaning the injectors and fuel pressure is more then enough for a certain amount of n20. The computer controlling the fuel pressure is a awesome thing on efi's. I have ran many dry kits on fuel injected cars. Dry kits are the safest n20 system for efi.

Now I have never messed with a dry kit on an outtie. So I cant really say how well their controllers work, but the concept is the same. Only problem I would see is the experience with the controllers on efi atv's.

I know of the person that was having n20 troubles on there outty. I never really asked what the problem was though so I couldnt tell you anything about that deal. But I would say it was more then likely a computer problem.

No reason for everyone to get all worked up over something like this. Remeber these are just atv's....

Everyone has there own preference when it comes to n20. Its just too bad that more companies wont put more r&d into some new stuff.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

AMD,

Thats a good objective post you did for sure. Just an FYI, the Controllers that Boon uses are the same basic electronics that they use on thier sled controllers. The difference is knowing how much pulse width, to give to get the disired results in fuel. Also other differences include plugs and wires.

As I said before, all injectors have a max point. Just depends on what they have used for injectors. You can only max them out so much and then you are done.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:29 PM
amd
Pro Rider

So it looks like that they are a little different then some dry kits for auto apps. Some change pulse width and fuel pressure, others just up the fuel pressure. So do the controllers on the outties and 700r just change pulse width? or do they change fuel pressure also.

Quick Reply: Boondocker Outtie