CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Boondocker Outtie

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boondocker Outtie

Pulse width only - of course in a program depending on other factors. Boonies does the program differently than BOSS (which is a Dobeck box). But both are pulse width only.

I like the Dobeck controller better, but both get the job done.

The BOSS controller simply looks that the pulse coming from the ECU and either makes it the same or different. So, the ECU doent know you have a controller hooked up any differently. That can be pretty slick when it comes to warranty issues.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AMD, thanks for the subjective outlook, and keeping us in line,lol! Sometimes things can set you off.

With the injectors, you can always get bigger ones. JFYI, on a turbo sled engine, the stockers are only good for a certain hp, then they pass there duty cycle. The cure is bigger injectors and less pulse width. We try and stay with the smallest injector possible since they seem to make for a better spray pattern, and better attomization(spelling). But at a certain point, you just have to get larger injectors. Thats the neat thing with Efi, once you max one out, you install bigger ones and that allows you to push more power, then max them and get bigger ones until one day.....BOOOM the crank lets go. Now lets start all over again.

Marky........looking for a house eh? I wonder who could help you out with that certain situation........?

Old 07-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider

Jed,

I sent you a PM

Old 07-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

RMS in rexburg has/had a outy with the boonies kit.....it hauled/hauls ***.lol
but after 1/2 a seson or so of running it the motor did go KABOOM.
im not real shure of the details,maybe they got greedy maybe it just wouldnt handle all the nitrous they ran through it.but for a tank with some stupid looking little paddlles on it,it ran VERY good.
Crapo probably knows the whole story

Old 07-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 650VIPER

AMD, thanks for the subjective outlook........</end quote></div>

Uh......Jed.......That would be OBJECTIVE, not SUBJECTIVE, lol. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

What is subjective is people listing an isolated failure as evidence that the boondocker system will make Outy's go KABOOM.

There are many ways to blow a motor on nitrous and just a few ways to keep it safe.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

WORD!

Old 07-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: derbyking

RMS in rexburg has/had a outy with the boonies kit.....it hauled/hauls ***.lol

but after 1/2 a seson or so of running it the motor did go KABOOM.

im not real shure of the details,maybe they got greedy maybe it just wouldnt handle all the nitrous they ran through it.but for a tank with some stupid looking little paddlles on it,it ran VERY good.

Crapo probably knows the whole story</end quote></div>

ha, there is one! lmao.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

You guys wouldnt possibly be ganging up on Sandworks, would ya??????????

BTW, how many Outlanders have you all delt with that had the Boonedockers???????

I know of three Outlander motors that have blown up that were running the Boonedockers kit. Ive seen it with my own eyes, but Im sure the Boonedockers kit had nothing to do with these motors blowing...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Very entertaining to say the least...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Goodsound

You guys wouldnt possibly be ganging up on Sandworks, would ya??????????</end quote></div>

We are talking about Nitrous and good and bad info. We leave the name calling to HRT. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2007, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey quit picking on my bad English...sheesh.

Goodsound, not a one. How many have you dealt with? Or are you just talking about OTHER peoples quads too?
The point I made is Boondockers makes a perfectly fine kit for the Outtie. Done right, it will work great. As with all quads, nitrous adds mucho strain. So are you saying the nitrous killed the engine, or the boonys kits in general. I say if the engine went Kaboom, it was not caused by the kit, if it was done right.

Now if you want to actually add something to the subject, tell us why the engine failure was caused by the kit. What happened, what fuel was ran, for how long, and what failed.
I will be waiting paitiently for your response.......

But while I wait, I cant help to wonder why everytime grown men have these discussions, we get someone on here trying to cause battles between us. What kind of comment is the gang up thing? Grow sum nuts. Talk for yourself.

Quick Reply: Boondocker Outtie