CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Boondocker Outtie

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boondocker Outtie

Those were dark years.....

Old 07-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Tj, I dont know if that is a good thing to know.........lol!

Steveo, dont worry about it. It just gave us something to talk about. We all know Richard is slow. He just protrays it better on the track!! Its like his bikes take on his personality. Picture Forest Gump!

Old 07-04-2007, 12:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

OH NUTBOY.So you actualy consider that funny.The fact that i live life to rhe fullest.Inspite of the fact that i have a very rare form of artheritse that renders me comkpletely crippled unless i take 2000mg of steriods ande placqueunel every morn.just to function at a reasonable level.But yet i compete almost every day with guys 1/2 1/3 my age i don't win as much as i used to but i get just as much of a kick out of watching the looks on the young guys face when they realize they just beat me.That respect is just as good as any podium call i ever got. The fact is unlike you im not just an internet racer.And as soon as my steroids kick in i will walk right over you any day.

Oh and so you know ol'e boy i have the finest young fiance and she has no complaints.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And yes she actualy told me to put that here.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2007, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 650VIPER

Hey quit picking on my bad English...sheesh.

Goodsound, not a one. How many have you dealt with? Or are you just talking about OTHER peoples quads too?

The point I made is Boondockers makes a perfectly fine kit for the Outtie. Done right, it will work great. As with all quads, nitrous adds mucho strain. So are you saying the nitrous killed the engine, or the boonys kits in general. I say if the engine went Kaboom, it was not caused by the kit, if it was done right.

Now if you want to actually add something to the subject, tell us why the engine failure was caused by the kit. What happened, what fuel was ran, for how long, and what failed.

I will be waiting paitiently for your response.......

But while I wait, I cant help to wonder why everytime grown men have these discussions, we get someone on here trying to cause battles between us. What kind of comment is the gang up thing? Grow sum nuts. Talk for yourself.</end quote></div>

Ive already told you, I delt with 3. The bikes are owned by a very good friend of mine who Ive had countless conversations with, on this topic and seen his bikes run, and torn down. I also know of 2 other Outlanders that have been on nitrous flawlessly for over a year now. One has an NOS kit and the other has a Boss Noss kit.

These motors went to lean on the nitrous, and they were running 112-114 octane. The Boonedockers kits were installed at a professional ATV shop.

You say that you made the point that Boonedockers makes a fine kit for the Outlander and done right, will work great. But you also say that you have zero experience with Outlanders running Boonedockers. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

As for your last question...You tell me, Im woundering the same thing...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

There's just not enough information here. Why does everyone say Nitrous makes your motor go Boom or Kaboom? Was there a noise like boom or was it more like KA BOOM? Is that a technical term? Is it like 'wont go?'

How about some more information? Were there signs of a lean condition? If so what were they? What were the condtion of the rings? How about the cylinder wall? What shape was the piston in? Was it burning oil afterwards?

What were the other mods? Did the user compensate by pumping up the injectors to match the needs of the other high flowing mods by using the Boon Controller? Does the user know what max output of the injectors are? What were the other high flowing mods?: exhaust, and head work and/or larger valves? What kind of fuel was being run? Brand and type of octane? What type of piston and compression?

In other words, when it went boom, can you give us any more information other then it simply wouldnt go anymore and its boondockers fault?

Further I know Rocky calls all of his systems dry systems. They are not. Because all of them are disigned to add fuel either by use of the EFI control box or the using air pressure to pump up the fuel in the float bowl of the carb. He doesnt have any systems that dont add fuel in one way or another. Further, nitrous is simply concentrated oxygen. All you have to do is make sure there is enough fuel to match that. Where people screw up is they cant get enough. They add nitrous, then add higher compression pistons, high flow exhaust, and then two things happen 1) there is too much horsepower for the crank or other components to take or 2) they havent added enough fuel or octane and they get a lean condition.

Now, Im not ruling out that the map that Dave programmed migh be faulty. But I have to say, that it would more than likey happen at BOSS rather than BOON. Ive worked for both of them, and although Rocky has his faults, and I can give you a list a mile long, he has one redeeming quality - his attention to detail. Yes, when he finds something a tad bit wrong he throws a temper tantrum, but at least he finds it! Jim at Boss on the other hand, well all I can say about him is nearly always puts the cart before the horse and rarely thinks about the consequences of his choices - especially in business. Hell of a nice guy though. And, it wouldnt surprise me if Michael Chertoff himself did a raid to look for illegals at Boss. That would never happen at Boondocker. Illegals couldnt stand him anyways - most people cant.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

Jed,

By the way, are those burgers and dogs done yet? Everytime I see you're Avitar, Im thinking those things should be done by now! LOL

Old 07-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Marky aparently you weren't at planet sand last year when the KMS raptor went KAAAAAAAAAAABOOM we all thought the world had came to an end.It completely blew the intercooler apart.and scared the poor little guy for life i now have a intercooler shield on the monorail.And i mean menatly scard the guy he was alright. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

Intercooler? Are you talking nitrous or turbo?

Old 07-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

NITROUS EXPLOSION TOO LEAN.@ least thats what the dotors said. turbos bon't go KAAAAAABOOM when they blow the intercooler they go FIEEEEESH PUFF.Thats the sound a overexcited turbo makes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: AZSAND

OH NUTBOY.So you actualy consider that funny.The fact that i live life to rhe fullest.Inspite of the fact that i have a very rare form of artheritse that renders me comkpletely crippled unless i take 2000mg of steriods ande placqueunel every morn.just to function at a reasonable level.But yet i compete almost every day with guys 1/2 1/3 my age i don't win as much as i used to but i get just as much of a kick out of watching the looks on the young guys face when they realize they just beat me.That respect is just as good as any podium call i ever got. The fact is unlike you im not just an internet racer.And as soon as my steroids kick in i will walk right over you any day.

Oh and so you know ol'e boy i have the finest young fiance and she has no complaints.[img][/img] And yes she actualy told me to put that here.[img][/img]</end quote></div>

2000mg of Steroids, huh? Which type?

Quick Reply: Boondocker Outtie