CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Been a minute, but nothings changed

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been a minute, but nothings changed

Nawwww Marky, not sure you offended anybody. Posts I've read, you were solid.

Jed, you da man.... so am I to take it that you don't have a conversion? Dirt Bike????? what are you nuts! Off to the Dunes??? Had a buddy drop by dumont on Wednesday morning (the 4th) and at 8:30am in the morning it was 116 at the hill! I don't even want to think about what it would have been at 3pm! Be safe Jed, and talk to ya soon.

Ron, I'll have to get with ya. I need that seat to finish the conversion. Don't ask me about my seat [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Kinda got a little ahead of myself.

I'll PM ya!

Old 07-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol, I had to put a new seat on the R1. I shut down power to late last weekend and did a 70' air out off the top of the race hill.

Oh, I landed just fine. Didn't damage a thing but I must have soiled my seat [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

lol

Old 07-10-2007, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well it was in the mid to upper 80's most of the weekend..............I guess thats ok....bahahahaha, lol!

No conversion here, and no plans now to make one. Once my quad sells, the only quads we will have are our kids. Right now I am loving the change. I put 130 miles on the dirtbike this weekend. But its still new, and you know how that goes. I really am preparing for another car. Trying to slim down the line, I cant haul them all......

Yes, I am pretty nuts, as most on here could agree,lol! But I think I get away with it cuz I walk so bull legged.....i dunt no!

70' of air, are you NUT.....s! lol hmmmm in my best homer voice...soil....auuuuuuuu!

Hey on a brighter note Eric is back up and running. Looks like everyone finally has a good dealer to go to for parts. With Randall down for a time, not many quality parts out there to be had. Business should pick up tremendously. You know with HPR down, no one out there could go fast. It was breeding slow folks. Glad thats over! Eric, you are DA MAN!!! Good luck.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

Jed,

I had no idea you had a dirt bike. Back in the day, I had a Yamaha WR250. Everyone thought I was nuts. That was a damn good trail bike, and one of the funnest off road vehicles I owned.

Its good that Eric is trying to get things going again. If the DS folks can at least get some basic parts like piston rings and perhaps cams, that would be a good thing. But to be honest, you know how these things go, when a model goes away, it would seem that those that only supply parts for a model, tend to also go away or at least find something different to do. Just look at the Honda 250R and the industry that was built around it, and now no longer there.

To be honest, in my opinion, there was barely enough DS business to keep most of us going, which is why I spread out into other things - some were successful, some were not. Duncan Racing is a prime example of how they flourished in the 250R Days, and then were able to capture the EX market and now the 450R, to name just a few.

Lets face it, the glory days of the DS650 are over as we know it. I for one would like to see Eric work on some things for the DS450 as well helping with the remnants of the DS650 Market or perhaps even the side by side market.

I realize that a lot of guys in here might be offended by what I have said about the DS650 and future parts. All I can say is that I hope I am wrong. However, if you look at it historically, most of those markets end up going away when there is a model change. There simply isnt the demand to warrant new R&D for quad parts in a market when the model has been discontinued.

It was fun while it lasted. It let us all get to know each other - all of us. We found out our good qualities and our bad ones. There was a lot of good times for sure. I for one will not forget them.

Eric has a lot to be proud of too. I know a lot of long time builders in the 2 stroke market. I can tell you that Eric impressed them. I can also tell you that they dont impress that easily. Who would have thought someone could make that big ole heavy DS, fly? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

Marky, I grew up on bikes. I still have the heavy old bike I had before I bought my Ds. If I dont get close to what I want out if it, I will probably keep the Ds, or part it out, who knows. But I do like this newer bike. It is by far the best handling bike I have ever been on. Being these a little rear biased, they track well in the sand. It honestly is the closest thing to sleding I have rode in the sand. It gives you that feeling of freedom. So far I like it.

Eric offers other thing already. He is a smart man, and I have had a small conversation about the 450. He definitly knows he needs to work in the other bike markets. You can sell 10 yammy parts to one Can am. But being his main business is machining, he will be around for a while. Once I need more out of this bike, I know who it will be going to. No doubt about it. I bet that boy could figure out how to make a Pami or TVI fast! And we all know that isnt easy!! lmao J/K.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 650VIPER

Eric offers other thing already. He is a smart man, and I have had a small conversation about the 450. He definitly knows he needs to work in the other bike markets. You can sell 10 yammy parts to one Can am. But being his main business is machining, he will be around for a while. Once I need more out of this bike, I know who it will be going to. No doubt about it. I bet that boy could figure out how to make a Pami or TVI fast! And we all know that isnt easy!! lmao J/K.</end quote></div>

yep, nothing changed here. lol

Old 07-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

Are you noting that nothing changed here, in that Eric is a smart man. Or the fact that he can make slow builds fast? I would have to tend to agree with ya.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Trailblazer

ok! cool dude!

or do you mean that hpr went outof business? hmmm and i can still get stuff from jeff?

i have nothing against eric.

how many times would you like to go over this??

do you have something to ride or race? bring it on over. all i have is a slow bike so show us your super hpr bike and prove us how fast it is.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Good to see you back on Mike. Hey, you and Mario let me know if you ever head down to Dumont to do a little testing. I'm chomping at the bit to get up there but it has been hot as Hell. I'm working in Barstow now so the dunes are only like an hour away. There are a couple of DDR night rides coming up so I may just shoot up for those.
If you're looking to do a mild build in the near future I've got a couple DS's that could use your work! hint hint

Quick Reply: Been a minute, but nothings changed