CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New Can Am Outlander's on the way

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Can Am Outlander's on the way

Funny how buckaroo slags the can ams for not being adequate in the stock configuration, and then boasts and brags that his AC can out do all the other models. When his AC is not at all stock. Between the wheels, rims, and spacers he's added to his aC he probably has well over $2,000 in mods to his little 400AC. If you put half that into the can am it would be INSANE. But of course all he cares about is stock bikes.. Its a shame he couldn't take his home and ride it. I guess without all his mods he could only ride it in his back yard.. So he had to spend 2 grand to make it trail worthy

Old 07-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Trailblazer

LOl all 400s run 50 thats a laugh go to a can-am dealer and drive an outlander 400 and tell us what the top speed is i graante that is will be more then 50. arctic cats have thier strong points so does can-am. my outty barely every stays on a dirtroad it is always in the mountains where there is rocks and the mud. My out 400 smokes an eiger in a darg race and i know the eiger beats the arctic cat 400 in drag race look at the hp of them. LIke i said the outlander will corner better then any arctic cat.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

Mattinthehat, I am impartial for the most part and all I said was that Traildog should check into this thing about bent frames and consider that before buying.

Then you put up this laundry list and I basically, questioned it and asked why wouldn't Outlander come with a skid plate etc., since the frame is vulnerable and others have had issues and what about this big long list of seals, gaskets, clamps etc. I didn't say anything about that stuff, you did. Seems to be that a person should be able to ride their machines before dealing with a laundry list of fixes.

Then Baddestountlander400 threw in his $.02 and bashed AC - well that is all it took.

My $6.00 fix was to take care of a rich condition with my carb (most ATV's are set rich from the factories because of melt-downs and warranty claims) without going to a smaller jet. Again not needed just something that I wanted to do to take the flat spot out of the top end speed.

FYI I don't have $2,000 in extras to make my machine trail ready. I put the wheel spacers on for my reasons and part of that was to be able to run with SRA machines in the corners and do some 'dirt-tracking', not that I needed them, only that I wanted them.

The front bumper etc is so I can push trees over and not break a headlight, and the mud flaps etc are to keep me dry.

The winch is in case I get stuck or want to move something out of the way, or to pull up stumps.

The rear seat so someone doesn't have to sit on a hard rack.

My tires - as a result of the OEM's starting to wear out (more than 1/2 wore out - 4 years use on them) and I just wanted more aggressive tires.

And when someone comes back and says that an Outlander is superior to AC and the only thing that AC has is more GC - well that just is not true, and they were saying it to the wrong person, and if he wants to back up his claims in a 90 mile race then he certainly will go home without his machine. And if he thinks his Outlander 400 is so powerful then lets hook the rear ends and see who pulls who around, again he would loose. And as I said in a drag race and even top end he may win but that is about were it would stop. And partly because my machine as it sits is over 800-825 lbs and with me on it, it it well over 1/2 ton.

I don't make idle claims, I have either seen it for real or done it myself (except for the pull off between the Outlander 400 and my AC400). I think my 1/2 ton of weight would play heavily in that. I honestly don't think that his light Outlander is a match for my heavy AC. I do know this that a Griz 700 took on a 650 AC and not only lost but tore up CV joints, broke an axle and tore up the differential - $1100 in repairs.

I didn't come in here to bash, only to have the guy be aware of the frame issue. But to have someone say that the AC is inferior to Outlander except for GC, then you best get ready for a reality check. And when the dust clears then he can see that by reality the Outlander is bested in all, except drag racing. And if his idea of a good machine is measured by speed then he needs to wake up and smell the roses.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Trailblazer

i agree if u hook a heavier bike up to a lighter bike the heavier bike will out pull but both are great bikes ..

Old 07-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: buckaroo50

Mattinthehat, I am impartial for the most part and all I said was that Traildog should check into this thing about bent frames and consider that before buying.

Then you put up this laundry list and I basically, questioned it and asked why wouldn't Outlander come with a skid plate etc., since the frame is vulnerable and others have had issues and what about this big long list of seals, gaskets, clamps etc. I didn't say anything about that stuff, you did. Seems to be that a person should be able to ride their machines before dealing with a laundry list of fixes.

Then Baddestountlander400 threw in his $.02 and bashed AC - well that is all it took.

My $6.00 fix was to take care of a rich condition with my carb (most ATV's are set rich from the factories because of melt-downs and warranty claims) without going to a smaller jet. Again not needed just something that I wanted to do to take the flat spot out of the top end speed.

FYI I don't have $2,000 in extras to make my machine trail ready. I put the wheel spacers on for my reasons and part of that was to be able to run with SRA machines in the corners and do some 'dirt-tracking', not that I needed them, only that I wanted them.

The front bumper etc is so I can push trees over and not break a headlight, and the mud flaps etc are to keep me dry.

The winch is in case I get stuck or want to move something out of the way, or to pull up stumps.

The rear seat so someone doesn't have to sit on a hard rack.

My tires - as a result of the OEM's starting to wear out (more than 1/2 wore out - 4 years use on them) and I just wanted more aggressive tires.

And when someone comes back and says that an Outlander is superior to AC and the only thing that AC has is more GC - well that just is not true, and they were saying it to the wrong person, and if he wants to back up his claims in a 90 mile race then he certainly will go home without his machine. And if he thinks his Outlander 400 is so powerful then lets hook the rear ends and see who pulls who around, again he would loose. And as I said in a drag race and even top end he may win but that is about were it would stop. And partly because my machine as it sits is over 800-825 lbs and with me on it, it it well over 1/2 ton.

I don't make idle claims, I have either seen it for real or done it myself (except for the pull off between the Outlander 400 and my AC400). I think my 1/2 ton of weight would play heavily in that. I honestly don't think that his light Outlander is a match for my heavy AC. I do know this that a Griz 700 took on a 650 AC and not only lost but tore up CV joints, broke an axle and tore up the differential - $1100 in repairs.

I didn't come in here to bash, only to have the guy be aware of the frame issue. But to have someone say that the AC is inferior to Outlander except for GC, then you best get ready for a reality check. And when the dust clears then he can see that by reality the Outlander is bested in all, except drag racing. And if his idea of a good machine is measured by speed then he needs to wake up and smell the roses.</end quote></div>

AC are have a lot more problems than CAN AM they also lack power and do not handle very well.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:59 PM
Range Rover

"Well at least you can ride it in your door yard on a sunny day just so long as no mud-puddles, sticks, or pebbles are close by."
.</end quote></div>

well you can defend your impartial position alll you want.. but what I see above is just plane bashing. and a compelte untruth. the outlander is totally ready to ride in the stock config, and you can take it almost anywhere and have it perform flawlessly. One place you "may" loose some power is underwater. and if you do it's easy to fix. saying the only place you can ride it is in your yard as long as there are no sticks, pebbles or puddles is just bashing. and its completly untrue. makes me re-think all the other posts i have read by you and respected.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: brpbear

AC are have a lot more problems than CAN AM they also lack power and do not handle very well.</end quote></div>

Are you sure about the problems - seems to me that I see a lot of problems listed with Can-Am and the only problems for the most part with AC are older ones, 97's etc. Are there any Can-Am's that old still running?

And by what measure are you stating that AC lack power. Or don't handle well.

Mine handles fine and can run with the best of them and the best SRA's too.

It also has enough power to get me there and back through some crap that honestly I would not want to walk in. Now are you talking about drag racing a Utility or pulling power, or enough power to pull wheelies, what is your measure of power?

I know of a 400 that twisted a 3/4 inch axle to the point that it broke in half. Is that enough power? Same size axle that they use in big-bore machines.

Now are your claims, things that you are sure of or are you just making idle boast or maybe a dealer told you or 'joe-blow' down the street said, or some fool magazine writer that doesn't know squat about 4x4 Utilities.

If Outlander is so great and such great power then why are the XC racers with 350-400 machines stomping Outlanders with 400, 650, and even the mighty 800 are being chewed up and beaten by 2 and 3 minutes in a 15 mile race.

Now did you say what you said to bash AC, dig at me or just to hear yourself sound off?

Old 07-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

Matinthehat,

Well this post went it an unfortunate direction. However, when someone states that the AC is inferior to an Outlander with the exception of GC, then they said it to the wrong person, because I know different. They want to make such unfounded, bold claims then yes, they are going to get both barrels unloaded on them.

Did I come in here and say that AC was better than Outlander - NO. I said to a prospective buyer to be aware of the frame issue. You put up the laundry list I didn't.

And I didn't really bash the machine, I bashed the factory for delivering an unprepared and ill equipped vehicle without a skid plate and the other issues you mentioned. That these should have been done at the factory and that delivering it that way it only constituted driving it in a low articulate place such as your dooryard.

Then someone bashed AC - that's it - the buck stops here - time for a reality check, you want to take a swing at AC and bash it then I will swing back and bash your ride.

It has been fun playing with you guys but you can take your toys and go home now.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Matinthehat,

Well this post went it an unfortunate direction. However, when someone states that the AC is inferior to an Outlander with the exception of GC, then they said it to the wrong person, because I know different. They want to make such unfounded, bold claims then yes, they are going to get both barrels unloaded on them.

Did I come in here and say that AC was better than Outlander - NO. I said to a prospective buyer to be aware of the frame issue. You put up the laundry list I didn't.

And I didn't really bash the machine, I bashed the factory for delivering an unprepared and ill equipped vehicle without a skid plate and the other issues you mentioned. That these should have been done at the factory and that delivering it that way it only constituted driving it in a low articulate place such as your dooryard.

Then someone bashed AC - that's it - the buck stops here - time for a reality check, you want to take a swing at AC and bash it then I will swing back and bash your ride.

It has been fun playing with you guys but you can take your toys and go home now.</end quote></div>

Geeeeze... what a little bitch...

Old 07-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: brpbear

AC are have a lot more problems than CAN AM they also lack power and do not handle very well.</end quote></div>

Are you sure about the problems - seems to me that I see a lot of problems listed with Can-Am and the only problems for the most part with AC are older ones, 97's etc. Are there any Can-Am's that old still running?

And by what measure are you stating that AC lack power. Or don't handle well.

Mine handles fine and can run with the best of them and the best SRA's too.

It also has enough power to get me there and back through some crap that honestly I would not want to walk in. Now are you talking about drag racing a Utility or pulling power, or enough power to pull wheelies, what is your measure of power?

I know of a 400 that twisted a 3/4 inch axle to the point that it broke in half. Is that enough power? Same size axle that they use in big-bore machines.

Now are your claims, things that you are sure of or are you just making idle boast or maybe a dealer told you or 'joe-blow' down the street said, or some fool magazine writer that doesn't know squat about 4x4 Utilities.

If Outlander is so great and such great power then why are the XC racers with 350-400 machines stomping Outlanders with 400, 650, and even the mighty 800 are being chewed up and beaten by 2 and 3 minutes in a 15 mile race.

Now did you say what you said to bash AC, dig at me or just to hear yourself sound off?</end quote></div>

The only reason I made my statement was to make people aware of what AC are and if you what to compare them to to outtys at least ride the outty.I ride about 4000miles a year and I try and ride all of the differrent brands of ATVS.The only thing and Ac dose well is rocks.

Quick Reply: New Can Am Outlander's on the way