CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New Can Am Outlander's on the way

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Can Am Outlander's on the way

Under what conditions are the frames bending ? what kind of use ? Ive heard of them cracking too. Im wondering because my boss has two and doesnt have alot of problems with them just a voltage regulator and a senser for his fan. i told him about the frame issues he laughs he thinks everything lasts forever he leaves them out uncoverd all year snow, rain, heat and i told him to put them under a cover or his garage he laughed said" they are made for outdoors ". He is a real idiot so id like to know for my own sake so maybe i can laugh at him later cause i might get a kodiak just to be safe ive been waiting a long time for a atv almost 2 years and im goingto be one before this winter. The only dealer in town is brp he sells yamaha snow mobiles and can get warrenty parts for my kodiak is why im looking at yamaha.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:08 AM
Trailblazer

the outty frame does not bend unless u hit a huge rock but any frame will do that every atv needs aftermarket skidd plates not just the outtys. mty outty 400 has over 4500 miles and i still have stock skidd plate and i have had no problem with the frame but aftermarket skidds are a plus in rocky areas. I would go with an outty 400 over a kodiak the outty 400 has more power better handlin and a better warranty. Both atvs cost the same.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:45 PM
Trailblazer

I actually did hit a rather large rock right in the middle of my can am and it left a nice little bruise in the middle of my skid plate. Unfortunately I had no way to avoid it as the path was deeply rutted and the rain exposed a rather large rock that I could not avoid. Skid plates may be too late now (the frame was not bent even with the size of hit I took) but it's still something I need to invest in.

Name:  DSC04225.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  125.3 KB

Old 09-20-2007, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

Good point, unfortunatley there are alot of idiots who would say that dent is a bent frame. A dent is a dent, nothing more, however real skid plates should be standard to prevent dents like that from happening so easily. Even if those weak aluminum floor board supports are tweaked, people refer to that as a bent frame. Under normal and even severe use, Can Am frames hold up as well as any other frame, of course without skids they'll get banged up no doubt. By the way, the RS type rear suspension, and low center of gravity traits provide a much more stable ride. I can't begin to describe how much confidence I have in the stability of my Renegade. I can't recall riding any machine that felt as stable. If you like an Outy, don't let anyone convince you not to buy it, but don't ignore what other machines are out there that might interest you either. I agree with alot of you who realize, everyone interested in this site appreciates ATVs, regardless what brand someone has. I myself love to see new machines created by any manufacturer. Not much different than any contact sports, we all have our favorite teams.