CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New Can Am Outlander's on the way

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Can Am Outlander's on the way

About the only real obvious problem with the Can Ams are the fact that they really should have more skid protection. Tired of hearing people complain about the SST frame being weak because they went over a few big rocks that banged them up. They have a much larger surface area to get undercarriage damage than any other tubular frame design. I actually think it's a good idea, but a better skid plate would prevent it from gettting any under carriage damage at all, and the Ricochet skids will protect the aluminum foot well supports too. I have also heard some complaints of the original front shocks being way too soft too.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: brpbear

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Steveo10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...JhmU

</a>

Me doing a steep hill climb...(hence the end end when everyone is sad not to see me flip backwards...lol)

Check the other vidz of ppl rolling down the steep hill [IMG][/IMG]

Wacthed our video good job

BTW - Chevy does build the best and its must've been the old 24valve cummins that was pulling.</end quote></div></end quote></div>

Another big problem when you ride a Can AM is unless your ridding with other Can AMs you spend a lot of time waiting for others.

Old 07-16-2007, 02:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'me getting ready to buy an outy 650. This forum was very interesting and I would like to know more about the bent frames. This arguement is extremely juvenile and should be posted on the Man channel instead of here. I find the forum to be very informative and I thank all Quad owners for their Input. Let's back off and let us newby's learn something about the Quads, not bad manners. Let's all grow up.

Old 07-16-2007, 02:43 AM
Trailblazer

Cowboy Bud, dont worry about the bent frames. Under normal riding the frames are fine, but if you intend to rock crawl then skid plates will be needed.

Old 07-16-2007, 02:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks -- I am buying Skid plates anyway. Thanks for the response

Old 07-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Range Rover

I have yet to see a user complain about a bent frame when they have skid plates installed. so Since you are getting them, you will not have a problem, save for a major accident of course.. but that is the same with any quad.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

Tomorrow is the Day -- Going to buy the 2008 Outy Max 650 XT Model. Delivery will probably take a couple of months...You Guys & Gals convinced me...Have fun

Old 07-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

Have fun!

Old 07-19-2007, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

Most of the Bashers are a want a be.Soon as they change they can't seem to praise the can-am enough. Just look at some of the posts where they have switched and you will see what i mean.I don't care what you ride,dosen't make any diff, i ride more than 1 brand, but i know where the truth lyes[.07 renegade and 07 raptor.]

Old 07-19-2007, 02:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

Bought the 2008 650 Max XT -- I wil get mine before the Dealers get theirs. As a new Rider, Thisw may be Overkill, but what a way to go. I understand that it will be a tight fit for an 8' pickup bed. I have a F350 with a high bed. For those of you looking for a cheap trailer, Home Depot has a line but they arenot re-ording during the winter -- get em now or plan to wait a while. Thanks for all the advice--Cowboy Bud - Shriner Clown

Quick Reply: New Can Am Outlander's on the way