CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Are we going to DS Days?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are we going to DS Days?

I think Im hearing those crickets again....

Old 08-26-2007, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

Who all is staying until Monday?

My dad and brother will not arrive until Sunday Morning, so I hope a few will be there to join us that night also.....

Old 08-26-2007, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone going want a DS Days decal? My kids made one up, its in my gallery.

The kids are making them in 12, 18 & 24"

Let me know if you want one, and what color and I will bring them up...

Old 08-26-2007, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Scott, Bring one for us. Not sure where I will stick it, but I will purchase one for sure. Your kids do some great work with that.

And for anyone interested, I have added a pic on my page of the one his kids did for me. Once it is approved by the mods you should take a look.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:09 AM
Range Rover
Has a DS 800 Turbo Nitrous EFI money eating monster!

[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]I"ll be good for a sunday night ride[img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2007, 01:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider

We will be there till Monday afternoon Dragon, a nite ride would be fun.

We would also like one of those DS Days decals, an 18", just let us know how much we owe ya Scott.

Old 08-26-2007, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider

Night ride would be good.

I was more wondering who was still going to be around for the social aspects of it all. I know they would like to see everyone again......

Old 08-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

scott, I would like a sticker as well. just a 12 would be fine. let me know what we owe ya. we may stay till monday. just have to see how the wife feels about it on sunday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

well tomorrow is my last day here in civilization.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] we will be on the road by 8am tuesday. for those of you who have never been there, its 20 long miles to the nearest store or gas station which is in fallon. harmon junction is the gas station we like best as they have just about everything you could need (gas ,diesel, food, propane ,beer, ice) and there is almost never a line or a wait . they also seem to have the cheapest fuel price every time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]they have a huge parking lot with easy in and out for any size vehicle. if you are coming from freeway 80 dirrection they are the last station on the far side of town . if you are coming from the mountain they are the first thing you come to. as you have read, glass bottles are a no no! there is no water at the mountain and NO shade. there are 2 decent concrete bathrooms and dumpsters and there will be several vendors with t shirts hats flags stickers tires and minor parts and maybe a food vendor or 2. usually rocket factory brigs out their portable dyno too and they set it up in vendor row. if you like a camp fire bring some wood because there isnt a stick of wood for 20 miles! if everyone just brings an arm load of 2x4,s you will have enough for the whole trip. NO wooden pallets as these are an instant ticket! flags are a must as head lights and tail lights at night and riding without either means a ticket. be sure and take the time to ride just down the driveway to the genuine pony express station which you can actually walk through and investigate. there are signs explaining all about it and how it was burried by sand and lost for over 100 years and only relocated when the wind uncovered it again. its free and a great way to kill a half hour. there is a fee to get in the dunes and you have your choice of a week pass or a year long pass. after you turn in from the highway the dirt and rock road in is about 2 miles long. the first thing you will come to is the fee station. its self service and even though there may be no ranger there at the time YOU WILL BE CHECKED ON THE WAY OUT![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] all of the camping is done on the left side of the road. there are just a few land marks in the camping area which everyone uses to find their buddies in the crowd. first thing you will see when you come to the camping area will be the fence which is made of rock and pipe and goes off to the left of the road as far as the eye can see. the next land mark will be the first concrete bathroom and the last land mark is the second concrete bathroom. the closer you get to the hill the louder it will be at night. we always bring some foam ear plugs just incase we get a noisey neighbor.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I like my sleep! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] anyway, if you think you might need it bring it with you! dont forget your sun glasses and sun block[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] and lots of cold drinks and lots of ice. looks like 95% most days. ride safe and I hope everyone has a blast![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] as I mentioned earlier , I will be camping with my regular group but I will drop by many times I'm sure and maybe we can do some fun follow the leader type aggressive rides so that you glamis/dumont guys can figure out how us sand mountain guys can enjoy such a **** ant place.LOL. looking forward to see you guys again and putting faces to names with people I havent met.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

DO - Fill-up at Harmon Junction (just outside of Fallon towards Sand Mt. - past the hospital a few miles.)

DO NOT - Full-up at the Indian Gas Station near the Hospital - they want to close the dunes. Obviously, they don't need our money!!!

Quick Reply: Are we going to DS Days?