CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Are we going to DS Days?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 02:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are we going to DS Days?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: pipelayer

Thanks for remembering me sst I also have some brothers with me, we have 2 trailers totalso if we dont fit in the group its not a big deal but we will bring some good stuff for the potluck I hope you guys dont mind a few Yamys [img][/img]in the group.

Im looking forward to a good dune ride with you all, we also have some video cam. to get some good racing on tape.

Duneme the Rapy that my bud got from you will be one of the Yamys and it dosent look the same its much wider.</end quote></div>

Have Brice (???) look for me when you get there. I found a couple small parts that belong to him.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Patiently waiting on the commissary to open and for Jimbo to get off of work. Whacha'll doin'?
Man I'm chomping at the bit to get on the road. Maiden voyage for the Heiser Hauler, hopefully I'm not a deedeedee and it all works out for me. Sure it's going to be a slow crawl compared to my usual flat trailer trip but I will not miss the tent at all. Shower, shidder, and a bed, now all's I need is a cute little dune bunny to snuggle up with!

Old 08-31-2007, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone heading up have a set of water pump seals? I went to change the oil and found some coolant, seals are toast, shaft is good....

Or does anyone have a cross reference for a NAPA or another seal that is compatible?

Scott

Old 08-31-2007, 04:36 AM
Pro Rider

Sweetness, I am all loaded and ready for the road. I am going to start driving here in about 3 hours, so I should be arriving at the mountain about 9. See everyone there......

Old 09-03-2007, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I only made it for Saturday and did not get to go on any dune rides, just do some hill shooting but, it was great to meet so many of the DS gang.

Seth and Tracy (Cynick), its been 2 years of missing by a weekend here and there, but we finally got to meet. Next time it will be with all of my family, not just me.

Big Ray, that 800 of yours is impressive. When I saw you running the hill with the liter quads and keeping pace on the face of the hill I was blow away. Almost as blown away as when we ran the hill together.

Ace, we will be down to Dumont and we will let you know so we can hook up. Someday I hope we lived as close to some dunes as you do. Man, to have Glamis and Dumont just 2+ hours from home!! I can only hope to try and break you and your sons streak of 5 weekends in a row of duning.

Majorecho, Bud, Ron, Greg. Those conversion bikes are crazy. Its not much fun to run the hill with you guys, something about getting through the whoops and seeing you all turning around at the top already does not do much for the ego.... but it is amazing to see them run. And the turbo DS of Greg's it just unbelievable. Just the sound alone is worth a trip to Sand Mt.

To all the rest, it was nice to see and meet you, sorry I had to cut my time there so short.

Scott

Old 09-03-2007, 02:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Back from the Mt. today.

Great trip! Friday weather was AWESOME, Sat. got a bit warm but, we hunkered down in the trailer for a couple movies, nap and the A/C on.

Didn't camp with the big group but, had some great visits with a great group of people.

Unfortunately on the way home my Tow Vehical had a mechanical failure. . . thought maybe a bad fuel filter so, the Wife picked one up and drove it up to us. That didn't fix it so, AAA came and picked up the truck and took it to the dealer in Reno and the Heavy-haul guy came and took my trailer to a buds house in Reno. I'm tired! Just back inside from a soak in the spa with the Wife. My trip isn't done yet unfortunately, I'll have to talk to the dealer on Tuesday and see what the word is. Hopefully all will be fine with the warranty and it is just a fuel-pump or something. I'm sure I'll be spending some time doing some searches on the Diesel forums tomorrow.

Back to DS Days. Had a great time catching up with some of my friends from some of the early DS Day's and getting to know some of the newer people.
100% Quality People.

I'll post the St. Anthony dates we were talking about and let you guys know. Hopefully a few can make the trip.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DragonDJ11

Tomorrow I tear my dad's bike down and give him some raised compression and some nice low end cams.... When done he will be a full stage 3. And if time is there, I will be tearing my brother's down on Weds to give him my old 11.5-1 compression CP piston.... With any luck, they will all be done loaded and ready for the road come Weds night.....

Should be a great weekend all around [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

How did those Low End Cams work out in your fathers DS Dragon ????

Old 09-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

I was lucky to have been invited to hitch a ride with down to Sand Mtn with Nate and Curtis. Thanks to Curtis for letting me ride his back up DS and also thanks to Dragon for some help with the exhaust.

The things that stand out the most for me was getting to know those that I had never met in person. I realize this is common at DS Days, but its always refreshing to know that we can still learn new things and have our perspectives change for the better.

What also stands out was the hill. Ive never seen a group of builders (albeit part time builders) all getting along so well - I didnt see any overpowering egos, in fact quite the opposite. I saw some incredibly good people, sharing info, sharing rides, and even letting 'learners' [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] like myself take up their pride and joy up the hill.

Also, I've never been more proud to be a part any group, anywhere, anytime. Not only that, but the street bike conversions owned the fast hill and did it with style and grace. In fact, most of the 2 strokes, simply bowed out and moved over to the slow hill. Clearly, this is the future of hill racing. What an honor to know so many people that are making this a reality.

I also had some very memorable, and some rather deep conversations with Ace, Ron, Jed and Nate. We have some smart people in our group. Isnt it a good thing that there's more to us than our sport.

Oh, and how about those butterscotch brownies? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

It was a great trip - so far the best I've been on.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Range Rover

Heard through the grape vine, that DSNUT, i.e. Ron sold both of his conversions down there at DS Days, who bought them? I've spent some seat time on that R1, and someone is very lucky to pick up that bike, the workmanship and quality is very high on that bike, good luck to the new owners....

Old 09-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

Got back yeaterday afternoon, man what a trip, a great time got to meet some new friends and catch up with some old friends. The street bike conversions were off the hook, the craftsmenship and attention to detail is something that each builder should be proud of....not to mention they kicked some serious butt on the hill. As always there were some pretty hilarious conversations going on around the fire pit. Gerbals.........YIKES!!!!! Also an exclusive showing of Blades of Glory during the heat of the day.

The buttercotch brownies where excellent.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ,...well worth the 5 hour drive. Hope everyone makes it home safe. I am already thinking about next year!!!!!

Hey mark that was your trailer I saw on the hook as I was leaving Boom Town ? ...I was going down the hill it was coming up let me know how that turns out.

Quick Reply: Are we going to DS Days?