CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Are we going to DS Days?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are we going to DS Days?

Well that was a bit more truthful then I wanted to be [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-06-2007, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

Ron,

We all spent about $150 - $160 a piece for food and fuel. Yep, and I did spend too much on groceries! But hey, thats not bad for three bloaks sharing all the costs. Now, if I can just get Curtis to stop snorring so much next time! LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Marky

Old 09-06-2007, 02:14 AM
Pro Rider

Snoring, dont remember any snoring.....

Thanks to Marky and Curtis for splittin the cost and making to possible to go!
I had a great time and enjoyed seeing everyone again.

I was immediately reminded why I told myself on the way home two years ago why I didnt what to go back to Sand Mt. No offense Nevada peeps, but my sandbox is bigger than yours!!!! Never the less I would make the drive again for the company!

First time I"ve had the opportunity to meet Jeff, what a beautiful DS oh yea its fast too! Good to see Ray's run well, like everyone else mentioned the conversion bikes were awsome, I should never have ridden Curtis's, I tried to say no but peer pressure and curiosity finally got to me. I was impressed with the attention to detail and quality of all the builds.

Tracy and Seth...are you kiddin me, thought for sure Bud was going to go home with just one! My compliments Ron it does look like a stock bike, built well and very fast.

Ted great to see and talk to you again, keep me up to date on the sale of your TH, if your buddy doesn't buy, I've got the Boss's ok to start shopping! Anyone in the market for a good deal on a hauler with the nose and front side delaminating?!?![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Oh yea, my Dodge ran great too Ron[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Jed, Vic, and Mark sorry about the mechanicals, sure does take the fun out of it.

Good to meet new faces and catch up with old friends as always, a pleasure to associate with so many good people.

See you all again next year at St. Ann's, hopefully sooner.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider
I'm a Plumbing contractor and I have some old friends that always called me Pipelayer for some reason?

My Ford ran great but the three that had the problems had BIG Toys my 25ft'er is all I want to pull over the hill at 70mph and keep the trans in it , the big three should get together and make one great truck not three good trucks

Old 09-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: pipelayer

My Ford ran great but the three that had the problems had BIG Toys my 25ft'er is all I want to pull over the hill at 70mph and keep the trans in it , the big three should get together and make one great truck not three good trucks</end quote></div>

That would be like asking Honda, Yamaha, and Suzuki to get together and make a great quad, not just a decent one..........Oh wait, Can-Am beat them to it !!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

Nate I will keep you posted on the trailer thanks again for the jetting..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Crash20

Man I am amazed that you can run your egts that high. With the ford 6.0 if you run it at 1350 for to long it will actually melt the pistons and really mess things up...I have my Edge set to defeul around 1300 and I have only hit that once or twice. Mark how hot did your truck get? I usually run in the 220s but this time home I was in the 240s with gage lights coming on..</end quote></div>

On the way up the hill to Sand Mt. it got up to about 240. The Attitude display shows the exact temp. The dummy gauge is tough to tell. Well below the red line but, higher than I'm comfortable with.

The LLY has an overheating issue and I think I'll have to deal with it as long as I own the truck. So far, it hasn't been an issue. Just something you have to watch on the long up-hill runs.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Just checked Bud's website, those video's are awesome. So who's the pilot?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] (He sure is good)

Old 09-07-2007, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I cover the cost would those of you with video from the trip be willing to send a copy to me? Raw video is best.....

Old 09-07-2007, 07:57 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: cynick

Just checked Bud's website, those video's are awesome. So who's the pilot (He sure is good)</end quote></div>

Good? Heck I'd be superman if/when Im on that thing! LOL

Cool Vid - You builders let me know when you go out again - Utah or whatever, I'll shoot some vids as well. Its about time I use all the old video equipment!

Marky

Quick Reply: Are we going to DS Days?