CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

St. Anthony - Summer of 2008

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St. Anthony - Summer of 2008

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DuneMe

Dang. . . here I go. . . I'm going to contridict myself. . .

Labor Day for St. Anthony for me and I think a few others just isn't going to work. I just can't make the 14 hour drive each way for a 3-day weekend. . . not enough vacation time and St. Anthony is a Family trip for me (Daughter is in school!)

DS Day's has always been Labor Day Weekend.

1st. I like the idea of changing DS Day's every other year from Sand Mt. (I still hold that DS Day's should be at Sand Mt. every other year - on Labor Day - But, that's another discussion for next year [img][/img] ).

2nd. It has been to Sand Mt., UT so, I think St. Anthony is a great pic. I wasn't in the camp when the decision was made but, I'll go along with it!

3rd. When can those that do regularly come actually make the trip?

We may be able to switch dates now but, we won't go the week of July 4th. I don't want to deal with that many people.

So, if this date works. . . great. If there is another date that works better. . . speak now. PLEASE!

If you feel DS Day's should be Labor Day, I can't argue that. In fact, I agree (I seriously don't think I can make it but, I still agree.)

I hope we haven't opened a can of worms. . .

I'll say this now (and won't edit it out - promise!) If the choice is for DS Day's for Labor Day Weekend at St. Anthony, I won't put up a fight. It isn't worth it. I don't want to get worked up and I don't want to see anyone else get worked up.</end quote></div>

I can agree with you on those points. I know the general idea that all that were there had was really leaning for St. A's. So I just assumed we all made the call and it is done. I could be wrong, but that was my take. Our crew would bring the whole family on that one, and make it a full blown vacation. Like a week long. We also are not oppssed to changing the date for it with it being such a long trip and most do not like taking kids out of school. Myself, I will put my daughter on independent study for that week, and take the kids with us. But that is me.

Also, it cannot happen around the 4th of July for us either. We already have our reservations at Winchester Bay for that week. So I hope it works out, we have yet to be there, and I cannot think of any better way to make that trip then to go with this great group of friends that we have made.....

Brenten

Old 09-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can understand all your concerns. Just remember, there was people that drove over 12 hours for three days of vacation. We all choose to do what we want, you will just have to choose aswell.

Ds days should still be on Labor day as always. There will be those that can make it, and some that cannot. Just like at SM Nevada. my .02 anyhow.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, then lets get back to what this post was about.

Who has plans on going to St. Anthony's next summer and when?

We are going for sure, thinking first part of August. Can see about changing if it means getting to see some of the DS gang.

Scott

Old 09-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry I missed everyone this year at DS Days. 2nd honeymoon in Hawaii took precedence[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Our family is planning to go to ST. Anthony's for a week next summer and would love to hook up with the DS crew. The week of July 12 works for us but any week except the 4th is currently open. I have several friends with families who want to make the trip as well. Let's pick a week and make it happen!
Cam

Old 09-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Me and the wife talked during our last trip up there, and decided to make off weekends a priority, instead of the holidays. So I will meet up with you guys for a long weekend during the time frame mentioned. My last trip there I put 180 miles on the bike.........Bring lots of fuel!

Old 09-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

All right, let's not mix DS Day's and this trip. [img]i/expressions/brokenheart.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

So, who can make this week work?

Is there a different week you want to see work?

I do a lot of planning for my group and the thing that really messes things up is people at the last minute saying they need to change something. St. Anthony is far to popular of a place to not plan at least 9 months in advance.

I think we are at the Desert Oasis (I'll have to look).

This won't be about drag racing for me and my group. This will be about long dune rides. I've got up to 60-gallons of gas I can put in my fueling station and I plan on using close to that much! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-06-2007, 12:19 AM
Trailblazer

Can't wait!

Old 09-06-2007, 01:04 AM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in for either of the dates or both. I will be down for a week if it is in July or just the weekend plus a day or so if it is in September.

I usually make 2 trips down there a year and it is allways worth it even after the 18 hour drive to get there.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:24 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: chouser

Can't wait!</end quote></div>

So where were ya Craig? I gave you the info and the invite...

Old 09-06-2007, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider

I guess I will have to make up for no St. Ann's this year for 2 trips next year!
We have been up there the week of the 24rth of July a few times and the weather has always been good, not too hot.
I will pencil that week in.