CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Issue with BRP Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Issue with BRP Warranty

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: werbo

I think your a little bit naive about BRP, dont get me wrong I do Like my ATV and think its one of the best machines out on the market but, Can't stand the Service I am recieving from my Dealer. I have been looking for a new ride while all of this has been happening and nothing sticks out at me yet other than what I all ready own.

As for bad Karma all I got to say to that is if you dont know a person dont make personal comments on that person.</end quote></div>

Sorry werbo that comment was to smoothguy(resident whiner). If you look above you'll see I quoted him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I've been a CanAm customer since the early 70's....I'm not naive about anything they do. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Welcome to the forums werbo and sorry for the misunderstanding. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: werbo

I think your a little bit naive about BRP, dont get me wrong I do Like my ATV and think its one of the best machines out on the market but, Can't stand the Service I am recieving from my Dealer. I have been looking for a new ride while all of this has been happening and nothing sticks out at me yet other than what I all ready own.

As for bad Karma all I got to say to that is if you dont know a person dont make personal comments on that person.</end quote></div>

Amen.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ya I'm sorry but the dealers SUCK. I took my new 2007 outlander in after it's first ride because of an engine noise and the engine brake was acting up almost throwing me over the handle bars they said it was all OK and I should just ride it to loosen the parts up. COME ON THATS BULL#$@!. They then said to bring it back for the 10 hr service shich they charge 200 dollars for and they would lookat it again what a bunch of crap....I think I'm done with Brp

Old 09-13-2007, 02:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

Smoothguy our right they suck and anyone that jumped on you is in denial..

Old 09-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Range Rover

That's what i'm saying! I love the machine, hate the customer service. Those freak'n canadians don't know crap about customer service.....but then again, we are talking about canada.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:18 PM
Trailblazer

thats not really canada. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] brp is in quebec we don't consider them in canada they are just rude frenchmen. most of us canadians are OK

Old 06-04-2013, 11:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

2012 800 XMR same kind of issue,had to tow it home ended up being a broken wire from the fuel pump,came with 2 years warranty and they cover nothing here in Grand Prairie on warranty.Never go back and will more than likely sell all my BRP products.2012 800 xmr.Brand new Maverick and new sled,done with the run around the dealers give out and they are backed by the manufacture.Any ways &260 quid to repair a broken wire.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:56 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've used brp warranty service a few times- (fuel pump, power steering unit, carrier bearings) and every time was great. The dealer took over a month to replace the dps unit- I sent an email to BRP and BRP called the dealer and got some answers- then BRP emaild me at least 3 times over the course of the month to make sure I was happy with the repair. BRP was wonderful the dealer on the other hand, not so wonderful.

if you start making flaming vids on you tube anout BRP- you'll just look like a bitter asshat, and you'll just get ignored.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:01 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by JCAT
Ya I'm sorry but the dealers SUCK. I took my new 2007 outlander in after it's first ride because of an engine noise and the engine brake was acting up almost throwing me over the handle bars they said it was all OK and I should just ride it to loosen the parts up. COME ON THATS BULL#$@!. They then said to bring it back for the 10 hr service shich they charge 200 dollars for and they would lookat it again what a bunch of crap....I think I'm done with Brp

it is 100% normal- rotax engines make a whirrling high pitched noise, idling & running- it's even louder when using a cvt snorkel- it's a well known trait of the Rotax engine! And they have the strongest engine brake in the industry- it's 100% normal when releasing the throttle to have the outty almost stop (or come to an instant slow crawl) with out using the brakes. It's also well known that the TTI suspension needs to "wear-in" along with the cvt belt & clutch bearings- Also- $200 is nothing for the 10 hour service! They replace the fluids, check the belt and adjust the valve lash if it needs it- I paid over $300 for my 100 mile / 10 hour service.
I've owned 8 big bore can-am outlanders & renegades- every one was the same way. you should learn a little something about the atv you're buying, before buying it.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:07 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by Radical Rider
2012 800 XMR same kind of issue,had to tow it home ended up being a broken wire from the fuel pump,came with 2 years warranty and they cover nothing here in Grand Prairie on warranty.Never go back and will more than likely sell all my BRP products.2012 800 xmr.Brand new Maverick and new sled,done with the run around the dealers give out and they are backed by the manufacture.Any ways &260 quid to repair a broken wire.

I'm calling BS on that comment- if your outty is under a BRP warranty, and you have broken fuel pump wires that failed do to no fault of your own- then BRP is covering the repair under warranty- no questions about it. You're either not telling the whole story or you're full of it. Grand Prairie dealers have no say what is covered by the BRP warranty- If for some unknown reason your dealer wouldn't cover it- then a simple phone call to BRP would get you a list of authorized can-am centers in your state that will work on it.

Quick Reply: Issue with BRP Warranty