CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Issue with BRP Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 06:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue with BRP Warranty

I reccently took my Outty 650 in to my local dealer to get some warranty work done on my water pump. The seal had failed on the pump and had allowed derbry to get into the pump and damage the pump shaft as well as some other parts. My dealer had a tough time getting these parts from BRP, it took them over 6 weeks to recieve all the parts in order to fix the pump correctly. It then took the dealer another week to fix the unit as they said they had to take the engine out to perform the required work. As the dealer was doing this work they had found that my CVT (transmision / Clutch system) was not functioning properly. They found that were some parts in clutch that needed rreplacing so once again they ordered the parts and nce again they are on "back order" through BRP. The last part that need the most wont arrive till Oct 12, 2007. At this point I became very enraged about the whole issue as this was my time line.
- June 12, 2007 discovered the leak in my water pump and phoned the my Dealer to book the machine in to get looked at.
- June 26, 2007 Dropped the machine off at the dealer as this was the earliest they could start working on the machine.
- July 5, 2007 recieved a phone call from the dealer explaining the situation that parts have been ordered for the water pump. (but was never told they were on back order)
- july 26 2007 was told by the dealer that the parts had been on back order and wont be in for another week.

Mid august 07 dealer recieved the parts and was in the proccess of getting to install the parts.
August 26 2007 dealer informs me the parts are installed but CVT parts are now needed in order for me to use the machine. But the Parts are on back order till October 12 , 2007. At this point in time I am PISSED.
September 2 2007 Called BRP directly to find out how I could resolve this matter more quickly. They Opened a file for me and basically told me they can not do anything to rush back ordered parts. I was told to call back to them when I get the ATV back in my hands and they will deal with it then and "Offer me some sort of Compensation". I explained that this was not exceptable and that the reason for my call was my dealer had told me to call BRP and put pressure on them to get the parts faster as they have found that this sometimes works.
- After my phone call with BRP I go directly to my dealer and explain the phone call I had with BRP.
So My Question to the forum members has any one else had issues with there dealer's/BRP?

I Like the Outlander 650 but I am ready to sell it if I can not get warranty work done in reasonable amount of time.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Range Rover

Damn, I am thikin of gettin an Outlander 800. This sucks I wouldbe truly pissed.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am not sure if its just your dealer playin with ya or not. My dealer has always been awsome never had to wait for any parts for my sleds or atvs. Now on the other hand we had and have polaris atvs on the farm only cause my dad works there, we had a magnum 500 that needed a drive shaft couple that links the drive shaft to the rear diff. Now keep in mind he works at polaris where they were building that atv at the time, well that part was backordered for 3 months. after waiting and waiting just went to the assy line and grabbed one. So I think all the manufactures try and screw people in the whole warrenty thing. I think also if you have a good relationship with your dealer they will do the best to make you happy.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Trailblazer

You should document your story as specific as you can and forward it on to the highest up BRP executive you can find with a list of every 4 wheel/atv clubs and members that you can possibly find on the internet. If it don't help you it will eventually hurt them.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Range Rover

I have waiting 4-5 weeks to get a shaft for the inside of the motor on my dad's outy 800 and the gasket set and they had it together the next day. That aside my dealer has never had me off the trail for more than a week he has robbed parts of other machines etc, whatever it took to keep me happy. However parts availability with BRP is certainly my biggest complaint.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes, BRP does take a long time to get parts & accessories in to theire dealers is what I have noticed also, i am not sure if this only an ATV issue or if the Ski Doo line is the same. The problem is it is pretty hard for my dealer or other dealers in my area to rob parts off of machines. Theses machines are not staying on the show room floor very long here in Alberta, I had to order my Outtlander when I bought it from the dealer, so nine out of ten times a machine sitting on the show room floor is just waiting to get picked up by its new owner. I do definetly think I have a problem with my dealer as well. It doesnt help to get service when your Dealer also carries 2-3 other big brand names. Next time my machine needs servicing I am going to be talking it to a dealer about an hour away from where I live and only carries 1 brand name and see how that works out for me. But in the mean time I am stuck waiting which hopefully a phone call a day will start to get some answers from both my dealer and BRP as to why they have Screwed me out of 3 months of riding.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:34 PM
Range Rover

Yes, BRP does $uck when you call them. I had a issue with them ( you have a personal message by the way ) and they opened a file and they basically told me to "go screw yourself". Now otherws here on the board jump all over me, but BRP truely does $uck at customer service. They really are a$$holes up there. Read my sig below.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Range Rover

Another suggestion. Did you see the video of the guy who bad mouthed Apple on his warranty and smashed the hell out of it? He posted it on Youtube. Anyways, Apple calls him and give him a $2000 brand new laptop.

Make a video of the whole thing. Go into the dealer and put the ATV on video all torn apart and tell the story of the crappy BRP service. Post it on YouTube and everywhere you can.

I bad mouth BRP because they screwed me. If I can prevent someone from buying one, I will. The machine is great, it's the BRP customer service up there that $ucks.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: smoothguy

Another suggestion. Did you see the video of the guy who bad mouthed Apple on his warranty and smashed the hell out of it? He posted it on Youtube. Anyways, Apple calls him and give him a $2000 brand new laptop.

Make a video of the whole thing. Go into the dealer and put the ATV on video all torn apart and tell the story of the crappy BRP service. Post it on YouTube and everywhere you can.

I bad mouth BRP because they screwed me. If I can prevent someone from buying one, I will. The machine is great, it's the BRP customer service up there that $ucks.</end quote></div>

smoothguy
I believe it was karma that screwed you and BRP just happened to be the instrument. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

I think your a little bit naive about BRP, dont get me wrong I do Like my ATV and think its one of the best machines out on the market but, Can't stand the Service I am recieving from my Dealer. I have been looking for a new ride while all of this has been happening and nothing sticks out at me yet other than what I all ready own.

As for bad Karma all I got to say to that is if you dont know a person dont make personal comments on that person.

Quick Reply: Issue with BRP Warranty