CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS450 / DS450X

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 01:17 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS450 / DS450X

I haven't got to ride my Raptor a lot yet but so far it is very nice ride. And yes it is a pure sand machine but I like duning better than dirt so that don't really matter to me to much. JMO.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2007, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default DS450 / DS450X

I am not so sure your "Raptor" is a fair comparison...... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2007, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default DS450 / DS450X

That raptor is SAWEEEEEEEEeeeet

Old 09-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default DS450 / DS450X

my brothers (age 12) saw a ds450 (bone stock) at a farm show today.... they could lift it completely without a problem and they had a separate ds450 frame sitting there and said they could pick it up with one hand (and probly shake it a bit without too much inertia) There was also a 2007 predator le there which comes in at 415lbs (70lbs heavier) they said the 450 felt significantly lighter.

I like being skinny/light, even though im 6'2-6'3, im still only 150lbs so i dont think i'll have to worry about breaking a ds450 frame. I want one so bad except i have to pay for stuff like motorsports and computers/mp3s myself so that leaves my choice to only used quads- and therefore predators because they lose value quicker than any other quad i've seen and i'm planning to keep a quad until it is completely fried and beat to death.

I'm quite fond of the rotax powerplants, i just like them for some reason and trust them. (could it be because of all the experience [50-60 years?] they have and because the ds650 won dakar a few times?) I just want to ride something different than the rest of the crowd- or im going to be the first to ride something, so i can claim people copy off me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [the 450r will never be mine unless they make major changes or if i can get one for really cheap

Old 09-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default DS450 / DS450X

That one you have in your photobucket looks awesome.

The DS250 and DS450 look great with the lights removed!

I noticed you totally removed your fenders... are they removable or did you cut them off?

Old 09-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default DS450 / DS450X

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: duster

I noticed you totally removed your fenders... are they removable or did you cut them off?</end quote></div>

you really think it looks great without the fenders? cuz i think it looked better with them on, but with the lights off

no they arent removable.... i fell off while doing one of those n00b wheelies, and when it landed it headed straight for a bale wagon and CRACK there goes my right fender and fender bracket. i guess i have to cut the whole thing now... looks pretty ugly up close.... from far it looks great. I havent had time to sand off some of the plastic and make it smoother to look like it was actually race cut

copy this picture and paste in paintbrush (or MS paint whatever) and hit "ctrl i" this inverts the colours and makes the plastic BLUE, looks sick

Old 09-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default DS450 / DS450X

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: crazy1291

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: duster

I noticed you totally removed your fenders... are they removable or did you cut them off?</end quote></div>

you really think it looks great without the fenders? cuz i think it looked better with them on, but with the lights off</end quote></div>

Ummm... sorry, no... I said those looked great with the lights removed... which means I have the same taste as you. I think it looks best lights off, fenders on.

I just asked about the fender removal out of curiousity.

Sorry for your misfortune there.

I tried your trick and agree the blue looks good.
But I like the yellow more.

Old 09-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!
Default DS450 / DS450X

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DragonDJ11

You hit it right on the nose. Our DS brothers hold King of the Hill for the last 2 years running, and a few others have done some nice things in the stock bore and duner classes. We also have one of our builders who currently holds the 300' 4 stroke record at 3.91 Most of us are always looking for the next thing to make us even faster.

As for the conversion, you got it right. We have Gixxer 1000s and Busa 1300s and even a couple of busa turbo's. Thanks to Bud I even had the oppertunity to pilot one of his gixxers at the big hill. That is a sweet ride.

The guys around here take a bit to be a believer in something new. It has to go out, in the real world and prove it can hack it without major issues. Don't worry, once they are being sold everywhere, and we start seeing them and test them out a bit ourselves we will be talking about what we think it is, and even better, what we think can be done with it!!!!!</end quote></div>

My buddy has a Gixxer 600 that he wrecked but it still runs awesome. Has anyone ever put a 600 in a quad? DS to be specific.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DS450 / DS450X

There was a Banshee with one in it at Fallon over labor day.......it had a turbo too!

Personally, I would not go to to much trouble trying to fit that engine. It is going to take every part of a 750, to even make you grin. These heavy chassis need the 1000 imo.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default DS450 / DS450X

lotta DS fans here on this forum...biggest DS forum as I understand.....anyway...we're all old, fat and have no desire to get our azzez slapped around by what is to us, a small bike.

dont get us wrong, we are happy to see the new technology on the DS450....just wanna see it transferred to a new ds800!

Quick Reply: DS450 / DS450X