CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Outlander Rear Shock problems?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 02:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlander Rear Shock problems?

I have an 03 Bomba Outlander 400, took a long weekend at Hatfield and McCoy. First day all is well!
Second day I noticed going over whoops that the rearend would slam down/bottom out on some of the trails. Checking the shocks, I noticed on the right (exhaust side) rear shock that the rubber stop (rides on the shock shaft) was all beat to heck, like it was being abused. Other than that nothing looked suspect, no oil leaks, broken springs or loose bolts. The left side shock looked fine with no damage at all. Spring pre-load was set at middle position, so I moved it up to one higher, no change.
Looking at Can-Am forums, all I see is problems on the front shocks of 650 and 800s. Nothing on Rear shock problems. No aftermarket shock vendors that I can find, don't wish to pay for OEM not knowing for sure what the problem is
Anyone have similar experience / suggestions?

thanks.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlander Rear Shock problems?

i have an 07 outty 400 and i used to bottom out on the whoops as well. i think the rear springs are just a little to week for some of us big guys. i have a heavy storage box on the back as well which doesnt help. i installed EPI progressive springs in the rear and left the stock shocks in their. now i dont bottom out at all. the ride got a little softer in the rear and it handles better with them. i ride in a very rocky area. maybe your springs are just simply worn out. the spring rate of the epi's start at 77lbs and go up to 145 lbs. they worked great for me. they were about 60 bucks i think.

https://www.erlandsonperformance.com...e=SUSPRINGBOMB