CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ds90x

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 03:17 AM
CTR
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ds90x

Talked to Hetrick also. Bought Eton hop ups from them and bike runs strong. Still haven't found time to get bike to dealer to try and get motor looked and covered under warranty. Can someone look in their manual and see how much oil bike takes, my manuals in motorhome.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default ds90x

I should be covered under manufacter defect warrnty

Old 01-11-2008, 11:20 PM
CTR
Weekend Warrior
Default ds90x

Brought bike in today, we will see what happens. Will checking compression show if there is enough engine damage to cause the engine to fail after warranty.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ds90x

My son's is still going through it's break in period but has been running good. I removed the grey wire and the spark arrestor and it runs and sounds nice. Justin @ Maximum RPM is working on a full exhaust, cdi, air filter, clutch kits, and engine mods. With a full exhaust and cdi from Maximum RPM you can double the horsepower off this quad. The hop up parts from Maximum RPM should be ready at the end of the month. O-Ya by the way the hop up parts that Hetrick will be selling are being made by Maximum RPM.

Call Justin, and get on the waiting list for these parts.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ds90x

What's the spark arrestor??? where can i find this at????

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TMFRACING

My son's is still going through it's break in period but has been running good. I removed the grey wire and the spark arrestor and it runs and sounds nice. Justin @ Maximum RPM is working on a full exhaust, cdi, air filter, clutch kits, and engine mods. With a full exhaust and cdi from Maximum RPM you can double the horsepower off this quad. The hop up parts from Maximum RPM should be ready at the end of the month. O-Ya by the way the hop up parts that Hetrick will be selling are being made by Maximum RPM.

Call Justin, and get on the waiting list for these parts.</end quote></div>

Old 01-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ds90x

The Spark Arrestor is located at the back of the exhaust. Remove the three Phillips screws and then you will see three more 8mm bolts. Remove those bolts and take off the mount. Then you will be able to remove the spark arrestor.

Good Luck

Old 01-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default ds90x

You guys are a godsend with these little easy mods. My 9 yr old daughter just picked up her 2008 DS70 and my thoughts were the same as you guys when we were testing it out at the dealer...is this thing supposed to be this doggy? I even asked the tech and he said all the little ds models are like that. I was surprised because I remember the little minibikes I rode in the 1970's as a kid and those things flew! I sort of expected the same. I really like this little machine but I get this feeling it's all show and no go. I'm curious about replacing the ds 70 throttle cable with a ds 90....is it shorter so the engine is able to open up more? I don't tinker much with machines but I think I can handle disconnecting the gray cable at least? Does it just then hang there or should a person tape it up or what? Thanks for the good ideas and I'll be waiting for more ideas and or kits. One more thing, the headlamps on this bike are great at night but no brake light?!?! Come on! My solution? A clip on flashing red light that runners use. it clips right onto the back of a pair of goggles that go over the helmet. I'll post the name of it if anyone cares, I just packed it away unitl next weekend. I look at it as cheap insurance cuz you cannot see these little quads from the back during night at all except for their reflectors. Take care all.

Jon

2007 Honda Rancher es 4x4
2008 can-am ds 70

Old 02-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ds90x

bought mine in feb 1 ....it sucks please help anyboby

Old 02-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ds90x

removed gray wire, it turn to white at the harness... big dif... also i jeted the carb. from m80 stock to m85 with the spark ar. out it worked well... thanks guys!!!!!

Old 02-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ds90x

hetrickracing.com has everything you need on mar. 12 working on prototype

Quick Reply: ds90x