CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS 650 blown motor

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2001 | 10:07 PM
|
Range Rover

I haven't made any demands, but I have expressed many concerns to them. I'm not out for cash, just help. If they just sell us the parts at cost that would be something. I just can't see spending 3K more on a 7K quad that has bearly been used. I'm hoping to hear from them soon. I hope it is good news. I really don't know if I can take anymore bad news on this thing.

Old 01-17-2001 | 10:33 PM
Trailblazer

About ten months ago I purchased a Bombardier DS650 four wheeler. The manufacture warranties the bike for a period of six months to be free from defects. In November, eight months after purchased, I noticed a lack of power and slight banging sound coming from the engine. I took it into the service department at the dealer where they disassembled the engine to find a bearing had frozen up causing damage to the rest of the motor. I took care of this motorcycle just as the manufacture recommends. It turns out the repair costs for the engine damage are estimated at about $3000.00. I paid close to $8000.00 for this quad and am very disappointed that two months after the warranty expires I am stuck with another bill for $3000.00. The repairs on the engine have not been performed yet, I asked the technicians to put the engine back together (will cost me $600.00) since I do not have the funds to repair it. I have not contacted the manufacturer but will be doing so tomorrow. I love this quad, if I had the to choose all over again I would still buy the DS. I just hope Bombardier will do the right thing

Old 01-18-2001 | 03:17 PM
|
Range Rover

I just talked to a Bomb representative and alerted him about this forum. As of right now he would not make me any guarantee. This is very disheartening, if we do have to fix this thing at full price I will be very disappointed in them. I don't see why they couldn't help us out just with parts. It does not sound good. I'll let you all know the out come.

Old 01-19-2001 | 12:49 AM
Trailblazer

I called the customer assistance center and was treated fairly nice. I really will insist Bomardier pays for full repairs since I dont think its right I paid so much to ride so little.

00 DS650 not feeling well.

Old 01-19-2001 | 03:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

A thought...

If they give you resistance, you could pass along the phone number, and some of us would be willing to make statements as 'potential Bombardier customers.' They've already got YOUR money, but they have to do nice things to YOU if they still want MY money. That Raptor isn't so bad. And the Cannondale is even made here in the USA as well, I don't think I would have a problem buying either one of those. I'm sure I could get that point across. When someone is pissed, they tell 10 people, when they are happy, you're lucky if they tell one person.

Old 01-19-2001 | 04:22 AM
Trailblazer

Blackhawk thanks for the support, thats exactly what I plan to do. I really dont think it will have to come to that though, I trust bomardier will stand behind their quad. Im not really angry because it broke in fact I would expect a few bugs and why not lemons to come off the assembly line on a first year run. I will be angry if they just sit back and do nothing.

Old 01-19-2001 | 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

Here is the e-mail address for Bombardier Recreation Customer Service Rep he is out of his office this week but will be back Monday. If we all send him e-mail he might help they worst is you wasted 5 min sending an e-mail the best is we get some support for are fellow DS riders. We need to explain how poor service hurts the sales of their product.
Marcr.Lacroix@recreation.bombardier.com

Old 01-19-2001 | 04:36 PM
Range Rover

Guys, this is great news on how everyone is willing to suport each other. I am going to E-Mail this Marc fellow and explain my concerns in hopes to add to the other concers that other DS riders have. You know if we spread the word to other fellow DS riders, (I mean the ones that are not online like us) I think we can get everyones quads fixed right. There is no point in paying $7K to ride something to only break down and cost half the amount you paid to fix it. That to me is not good quality. Can you believe I have never had to fix anything mechanically on my EX? That bike has been so darn reliable I cannot believe it myself. Well I hope you all get your quads fixed at no cost to you, considering that you paid $7K for something that is supposed to be real reliable. Good Luck fellas!

Old 01-19-2001 | 04:54 PM
Trailblazer

Im glad that thread has not attracted a flame war. It dosent matter what you ride we love the same sport. I think we should spread the email to other boards and have as many people as possible email Bomardier and express concern (no flames please). I personally have been without my DS for over three months, lucky I have my 250R to compensate, and feel real bad when someone cant go out and ride because their quad is broken due to a malfunction out of their control. Like I said before up to know Bombardier has been friendly and helpful and I would still choose the DS over any other bike (just personal prefrence due to riding style ect..). Lets use these boards for what they are really ment for, help spread info and help each other out.

Old 01-19-2001 | 07:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am a Honda rider. LOVE hondas always will but I am not here to Bash Bombs. Sounds like your getting shafted. I wrote to Mark telling him what I thought about the situation and made sure he knew of this forum. Hope this goes to show that some riders understand that all machines break down and don't bash you for it or kick you when your down.

Quick Reply: DS 650 blown motor