CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS 650 blown motor

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2001 | 07:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Here is a copy of the letter

I am a Honda rider 01 400EX, I also read a forum regarding ATVs of all makes as many others do. I am thinking about buying a DS650 but read a thread about a customer of yours who blew up his motor and your dealship wants to charge him 3000 dollars to repair it from a faulty part that is 2 months out of warrenty. And the machine has around 20 hrs on it. Now I am not
saying that this senerio is true, but i am saying that I read it and the person who own's the machine is keeping alot of people up to date on what is being done about it. It is none of my business how you handle it but the out come of this issue will factor into me and my friends opinions of Bombs when it comes time to buy. Don't take this personally as I am sure you are a fair person. Just making you aware that many people are following this issue.

Phobos

Old 01-19-2001 | 09:46 PM
Trailblazer

Well PHOBOS,i can tell you that this thread is true to the point-it's my brother's DS650.The latest is bombardier wants the dealer to test the oil pumps to see if they failed.That is probally where the whole case will be determined by.He's expecting an answer soon.I wrote a letter and sent it also.I summed it up that bombardier is a new company in the ATV business and w/out the confidence of the comsumers they won't last in the ATV's.They can spend a little now,and make alot later.

Old 01-21-2001 | 12:29 AM
Trailblazer

The bombdropper 650

Old 01-21-2001 | 12:30 AM
Trailblazer

The bombdropper 650

Old 01-21-2001 | 04:16 AM
Trailblazer

Actually there are two quads in question here, one belongs to "AWSOME88250R" and the other one belongs to me "FAST650". Both quads have fried motors that require a complete rebuild ($3000).

Old 01-21-2001 | 05:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

This is a copy of the e-mail I sent to Marcr.Lacroix@recreation.bombardier.com.

-------------------------
Dear Marcr,

As you've noticed there are several people from an online ATV forum pertaining to Bombardier ATVs (www.atvconnection.com) sending you e-mails referencing two Bombardier customers who have nonfunctioning engines that failed shortly out of warranty. Many of these people are in a similar situation as myself - nearing the time to buy a new high performance ATV with the DS650 being one of the top contenders. For me the statistics on paper are perfect, but one thing that will weigh heavily in my decision is how your company responds to its customers who can be termed 'in need.' I would love to hear shortly from these two Bombardier customers that they have been given the utmost in service and a fair resolution to their individual situations. I have read on these very same forums from a few other Bombardier customers that your company was readily able to provide them with excellent customer service and a very affable resolution was had in those situations. (These positive reviews of customer service come from other areas of the recreation products division as well.) If this track record continues I must say it would be very hard to pass up the purchase of a new DS650 in the near future.

I've heard a saying that "If you do something wrong, expect your customer to tell 10 people about it. If you do something right, you are lucky if your customer tells just one person."

I believe this situation stands out as an instance where doing something right will tell many more than one person about this and provide your company with an excellent reputation that just keeps getting better.

I thank you for you time reviewing my concerns.

-Chris Olson
------------------------

Old 01-22-2001 | 05:55 PM
|
Range Rover

Tomorrow will be d-day as to say. I arrived back from college this afternoon and a message was waiting from Mario, the customer service agent that is handling my case. I tried to return his call but he had already left for the day. He is suppose to call me back tomorrow. I appreciate all the help that everyone has provided. No matter how this turns out I think that Bomb will know that we all have a voice and a choice. A choice to help a company make money when they put out a quality product by buying their machine, or make sure that everyone knows exactly what kind of experience they had dealing with the company. A potential customer then can base their own decision on the facts provided good or bad. Nobody really knows what exactly happened to these two motors, and I hope they do not base their decision on just one possibility. I guess I'll find out tomorrow. I'll keep you all advised. Please keep the e-mails to Bomb going as they benefit us all.

Old 01-23-2001 | 12:52 PM
Range Rover

Hi guys, well yesterday i went ahead and sent an E-Mail to this Mario guy explaining to him that yes i am a DS650 owner as well and these problems do concern me. I also let him know that it would be beneficial for him to atleast check out these forums so that he can see for himself on the kind of communication and support they we all have for each other as DS650 owners. Not only will he see our posts, but he will see the others from people whom do not own Bombardiers. Hopefully he can make his bosses understand the concern and support that we have on getting things made right for those that have their quads in the shop/broke down. I wish you guys the best on getting your quads fixed @ Bombardiers cost though we'll see what happens when awesome88250r posts his results from his conversation this afternoon. I'll definitely be behind you guys 100% on getting things done right. Newdsowner

Old 01-23-2001 | 12:53 PM
Range Rover

Hi guys, well yesterday i went ahead and sent an E-Mail to this Mario guy explaining to him that yes i am a DS650 owner as well and these problems do concern me. I also let him know that it would be beneficial for him to atleast check out these forums so that he can see for himself on the kind of communication and support they we all have for each other as DS650 owners. Not only will he see our posts, but he will see the others from people whom do not own Bombardiers. Hopefully he can make his bosses understand the concern and support that we have on getting things made right for those that have their quads in the shop/broke down. I wish you guys the best on getting your quads fixed @ Bombardiers cost though we'll see what happens when awesome88250r posts his results from his conversation this afternoon. I'll definitely be behind you guys 100% on getting things done right. Newdsowner

Old 01-23-2001 | 12:53 PM
Range Rover

Quick Reply: DS 650 blown motor