CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

TM48 VS LECTRON 48

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TM48 VS LECTRON 48

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] PIPEPLAYER KNOWS.....I MUST HAVE GOTTEN DRUNK.

And yes i was in paducha when they test tested the tm and the lectron and yes the lectron did edge out the tm on max power.But the that dose not mean it is a all out better carb that just means it can be tuned to the hilt for drag racing but lets see you idle right at max preformance.

And the only issue here is quality and the the rankings here would be.

FCR: A finelybuilt percision carb.
TM: Percision built rugged carb.
EDB:A power producing step up from the lectron.
LCS:A rot gut will vaporize fuel hole in the back of the head thingy.for carburation.

And yes i have run lectrons with the 90deg tube with my ims tanks but you have to install spacers too and there is this odd gap in the seat and the tank.it dose not bother me though.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
I'm a Plumbing contractor and I have some old friends that always called me Pipelayer for some reason?

If you are talking about the time AZ when I got the name PIPELAYER and you should have changed yours to PIPETAKER then I remember and you did get drunk but it was AFTER.

Are you going to make the next race at Dumont I think you should try it will be fun It looks like the DS croud will be deep and around the campfire it will be real deep.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

WHOOO dude this is getting creepy your scraing me and no your just remembering some time some place some experiance you've aparently had. I don't swing that way and never will........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: pipelayer

remember Nutjob, azsand said 14" that is really 4"</end quote></div>

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider

Hey AZ you gotta be a real pain don't ya [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

My thoughts remian the same. We switched from the TM's to the Lectron because we felt it was a better all around carb. Do some agree, yes. Do some not, well obviously that is the case as well. You will not go wrong with either one. They are both very nice carbs and run very well. (Again, in my opinion only a Lectron set up by Eric fits this. All others well I would agree with AZ at that point.)

And even though I will have my bike running in the races at Dumont next month, she is still just a duner. And I love my Lectron Carbs on there.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i'd try a lectron by eric, but to just buy one off the shelf, i'd do the tm, my local shop tuned mine always worked great. plus hightower seems to have that carb dailed in. the bom seems to know a lot about the dual fcr's. i bought a fcr from powroll for the 400 and it was set up to just put on and start. worked just like it was told it would.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yes if the truth hurts you bet im a pain.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Sedona arizona is the most beautiful place on earth and has some of the most expensive houses in the world.But with the building boom they ran out of prime rock bed property so developers started building thier homes on the beautiful red sedona dirt lots .WELL PARADISE IS BECOMING SOME PEOPLES HEII YOU CAN"T BUILD HOMES ON WEAK SOIL THEY BREAK IN HALF.........It appears you can't build anything much over 2700sq' on red soil.......The same gose with the lectron it was built to be a throw away drag carb period.Eric has had some good results making them more effecient but lets see him or anyone for that matter make them last.the slides and composite material are too weak.BOTTOM LINE FELLAS BUYING A USED LECTRON SHOULD BE AQUAITED TO BUYING USED TOLIET PAPER AND COMPLAINING THAT ITS WRINKLED AND STINKS.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 01-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

So the question is, how many hours of ride time do you consider "making one last"?

Old 01-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

how much work goes into a lectron to make them work? seems i recall you have to sand the slide or something smooth, and when you hit the throttle wide open it causes a vacum which causes it to stick, i know all these problems maybe customer related, but i experienced that vacum stick once myself. The tm had a dead spot on the bottom but pilot jet pump activation or intake tube solve a lot of this. anyways it all is fun and takes personnel tuning to get the most out of a carb.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The "stuck shut" off idle that was reported my many Lectron owners is more an issue of tuning than anything else. Richening up the bottom slightly all but gets rid of the issue. I have never done any modifications (sanding/buffing) of the slides on mine. I will agree with AZ on one point. The Lectron is a very crude looking carb that does not appear to be built to very tight tolerances. With that said I am sure some have more of a "stuck shut" issue than others.

Quick Reply: TM48 VS LECTRON 48