CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

TM48 VS LECTRON 48

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TM48 VS LECTRON 48

is one better than the other for the ds ???? or is it just like everything else preference ????

Old 01-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

This can be a very touchy subject around here, but I will tell you my experiance and what I think. As far as I am concerned the best way to go here would be to get in touch with Eric, and have him set you up with a Lectron. He has done a lot of work to get them set-up exactly for the DS and what it likes. If you are going to look at a Lectron from anywhere else, You may as well just get the TM. Do not get me wrong, the TM is a great carb and does a great job, and you would not be unhappy with it at all. Just my opinion after wasting some money in other directions...

Old 01-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

lets just say both are setup perfect are we comparing apples to apples ?

Old 01-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

Honestly, I do not think so. I still think the Lectron is better when they are set-up as perfect as there are parts available.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

No way!!!!! Are you comparing apples to apples the Lectron is a rot gut drag carb they say eric makes it liveable but the TM's are a step and a half above the lectron.Then there is the FCR which is the rolls royce of carbs for the ds.Some don't like it but that is the truth.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Lectron 48mm peaked toq faster and was a great dune carb. The tm 48 is great to but the lectron holds a better tune and with the adjustable power jet makes it worth it just for that.

The FCR's SUCK in my opinion compared to duall lectrons with snorkle tubes, and the FCRs cannot be tune with a snorkle system and when you run direct mounts then you lose velocity and bottom end with FCRs. This is all from testing each carb which I have done.

Richard try your set-up on same cc motor and ill try mine.. Same wight bikes and all. And we will see on the hill what works. PS wear your goggles!!

Old 01-14-2008, 10:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have duned the Lectrons and the TM. The TM has an unbelievably stiff thumb pull. You really have to go to a twist throttle which I don't like.

The Lectron is a nice light pull and the only reason AZSAND doesn't like Lectrons is he tries to buy non HV setups for CHEAP that don't have Mr. Horsepower's metering rod. If he would swallow his pride and spend a little of his considerable GRAFT on a carb setup by someone who knows what they are doing, he could be fast to! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Do the Lectron and use the stock DS snorkle. Use a stock size filter without the Air Box and you will be amazed at the power.

One thing about the Lectron is you might have to monkey with the cable a bit. keep it loose and don't tie it to anything and it will work fine. Also, make sure you adjust the cable with the snorkle off so you can see the slide go from bottom to top.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

i figured it would be back and fourth .....thats the second person i heard say the lectron holds a tune better what ever that means ....

Old 01-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Cool ive got these cool little rearviews for my googles these days and alls i run @ this point are tm's.We are thinking of taking all our new builds back to alcahol and they will be fcr's

Old 01-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Fact is i more than likley own more lectrons then any one on this forum.I love them for drag racing.But what i will say is this group is defiently biased to the 46HV but if you call some independent shops they will all say the same thing.LECTRONS ARE ROT GUT 278.00 brand new fuel displacers with great vaporization capabilities.NOTHING MORE.And as far as the snorkles on Fcr's i have had very good luck tuning them.In fact no one belived in running tubes until one year @ sand mt I noticed all the ds guy's standing around the big girl with woodies salavating over her daul 12" chromed velocity tubes with 14" K&N's nowadays everyones an expert on velocity tubes.

Quick Reply: TM48 VS LECTRON 48