CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS650 dont run right?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008 | 09:10 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default DS650 dont run right?

Great, I'm going to the parts store later today. Hopefully this will cure the starting problem. Would it be a bad idea to install a battery tender right away?

Old 03-15-2008 | 06:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Battery tender's are a good thing if you go long periods between rides, so no not a bad idea.

Old 03-18-2008 | 09:48 PM
|
Trailblazer

Well, Heres the latest. Went to the local offroad store and ordered the battery and everything else I needed. They called me today and said that the battery is on back order. Does any of you know where to get one pretty fast because i am going riding this sat. and really dont feel like messing around with it for hours just to get the damn thing fired up. I would prefer the Yuasa as cynick says they are good. Thanks

Old 03-18-2008 | 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

If you are on the west cost, you can go through Les Schwab and they can help. If not look on-line. Another really good option is the PC 545

Old 03-18-2008 | 10:49 PM
|
Trailblazer

Yeah, I'm on the east coast. My buddy got a battery from a tractor supply store and he said its been working good for alittle over a year so far. I just might try that until I find a good one unless that one doesnt give any trouble. Thanks

Old 03-18-2008 | 11:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Try Rockymountain atv they can get em to ya usually within 2 days.

Old 03-18-2008 | 11:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

HHHmmmm let us know if this works. Have you adjusted your valves latley have you done a leak down test.I have seen this problem several times where the only way they will start the first time is pull starting and once they warm up they run good and i can tell you that it has never been the carb.Nothing on a crab warms up it is the same cold or hot.the engine is the only thing on the bike that cares about temp.if one of my bikes will turn over at least there time it will start weather the battery is low or not it will not rev out but it will start every time.And that is any one of the four.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And pull starting a bike will never hurt it !!!!!!!! its just easier to push a button.the only differance is if you put it in say third or forth and pop it it will turn over at twice the speed the starter can turn it so the cycl. heats up real fast and wham she fires thats why i question the valve adjustment. Also the 01s would see a valve tighten up on them ocasionaly.they also would shatter rings on ocassion which either one of these sound possible and very likely.I realy do hope the carb was the problem but it would shock me if it was. i don't know how far you can go back in history searchs but this has came up several times.like teach always says HISTORY IS GOOD.

Old 03-19-2008 | 11:44 AM
|
Trailblazer

Thanks for your input. I still never checked the valves as I dont feel comfortable doing it myself and my buddy that does that stuff said he dont want to do it either. I guess if it comes down to it I will do it as I dont think it has been done because an old friend bought it new and he never did it. I really want to check if the battery has anything to do with it since it dies out so quick. I'll let you know how it turns out, Thanks

Old 03-26-2008 | 02:28 PM
|
Trailblazer

Alright guys, Its time to adjust the valves. Does anyone know what they should be set to? Thanks

Old 03-26-2008 | 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

Your clearance should be between .006-.008 Do you still have my info in case you need it?

Quick Reply: DS650 dont run right?