CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS650 dont run right?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008 | 06:19 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default DS650 dont run right?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DragonDJ11

Your clearance should be between .006-.008 Do you still have my info in case you need it?</end quote></div>

Yes I do and I might just give you a call if it dont go as expected. I did my research onit and got my confidence up so lets keep our fingers crossed....LOL! Thanks for all your help so far, I really dont think I would have done it without it, THANK YOU!!

Old 03-27-2008 | 01:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

LEAK DOWN TEST FIRST!!!!! then if she has leak down on compression.THE NEXT STEP WOULD BE TO remove your valve cover turn the engine over a few times if you have excessive blobye AROUND THE VALVE STEMS the adjust the valvesALSO CHECK FOR TO MUCH FRICTION IN THE VALVE STEMS If you have no excessive bloby in the valve cover then the rings are the only other choice.And to be honest only once have i seen it be the valve most of the time its craked rings the 2000's and the 01 had this problem any ways im sorry to be the grim reaper for you but those are the facts as i know them.LETS ALL TAKE THIS TIME TO PRAY FOR TIGHT VALVES.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] AND BIG BREA..OPPS ON SECOND THOUGHT THIS IS A FAMILY SITE.GOOD LUCK.[img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2008 | 02:48 PM
|
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: AZSAND

LEAK DOWN TEST FIRST!!!!! then if she has leak down on compression.THE NEXT STEP WOULD BE TO remove your valve cover turn the engine over a few times if you have excessive blobye AROUND THE VALVE STEMS the adjust the valvesALSO CHECK FOR TO MUCH FRICTION IN THE VALVE STEMS If you have no excessive bloby in the valve cover then the rings are the only other choice.And to be honest only once have i seen it be the valve most of the time its craked rings the 2000's and the 01 had this problem any ways im sorry to be the grim reaper for you but those are the facts as i know them.LETS ALL TAKE THIS TIME TO PRAY FOR TIGHT VALVES.[img][/img] AND BIG BREA..OPPS ON SECOND THOUGHT THIS IS A FAMILY SITE.GOOD LUCK.[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Man, Just when I thought I was in the clear....LOL! I should be alright, My buddy does all this stuff on his dirt bikes and other peoples 4 wheelers and he is going to give me a hand. I am going to tell him all this so he does it right and not half assed! Thanks for the advise! My fingers are crossed that all goes well! If it goes well, CHEERS because I know its time to celebrate!![img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2008 | 06:07 PM
OMR
Pro Rider
Is Oldmanracing! Also the inventor on the DS650 carb Mod!

Valve Clearances: 1 to 1.5mm
.004 to .006
Try to set intakes to .004 and exhaust to .006

OMR

Old 03-27-2008 | 10:00 PM
|
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: OMR

Valve Clearances: 1 to 1.5mm

.004 to .006

Try to set intakes to .004 and exhaust to .006

OMR</end quote></div>

Thanks![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-15-2008 | 09:40 PM
|
Trailblazer

Hey guys, Just to keep you posted, Still didnt do the valve job![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Soon though, SOON!

Old 04-16-2008 | 09:13 PM
|
Trailblazer

Dont understand but today I went out and started the wheeler up without "popping"
it. I had to give it full choke but it fired right up! IDK!! It was running alittle hot though.

Old 04-16-2008 | 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

How much has the weather changed???

Old 04-17-2008 | 07:33 AM
|
Trailblazer

It went from the mid 30's to upper 60's. I have not tried to start it for awhile since the last time I wrote but figured I would try again since it warmed up. Any ideas?

Old 04-17-2008 | 09:30 AM
Pro Rider

Have you swapped in a #45 pilot jet? According to others on the site (and my own expereince), some of the earlier engines (my 03 included) came with #40 pilot jets.

Since I switched to iridium plugs, cleaned my carb really good (Went through half of a can of carb cleaner - spraying out every hole I could find multiple times), installed the dynojet jet kit, switched to the #45 pilot, and got the carb adjusted properly, I don't need the choke at all down into the 40's (haven't tried colder than that). Let it warm up for a minute or so and she is good to go.

When you cleaned your carb, did you pay extra special attention to the hole closest to the engine in the throat of the carb? The one that the screw underneath goes into? OMR had said that the orifice area is small and is prone to collecting varnish from time to time. Remove the screw completely (Watch for the washer and spring), Spray it out several times and in both directions with some good carb cleaner. If you are running the #45 pilot & the dynojet kit, try 2 1/4 turns from lightly seated for optimum results around 50-60 degrees.

Quick Reply: DS650 dont run right?