CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS650 dont run right?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008 | 10:51 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default DS650 dont run right?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Sport400inOH

Have you swapped in a #45 pilot jet? According to others on the site (and my own expereince), some of the earlier engines (my 03 included) came with #40 pilot jets.

Since I switched to iridium plugs, cleaned my carb really good (Went through half of a can of carb cleaner - spraying out every hole I could find multiple times), installed the dynojet jet kit, switched to the #45 pilot, and got the carb adjusted properly, I don't need the choke at all down into the 40's (haven't tried colder than that). Let it warm up for a minute or so and she is good to go.

When you cleaned your carb, did you pay extra special attention to the hole closest to the engine in the throat of the carb? The one that the screw underneath goes into? OMR had said that the orifice area is small and is prone to collecting varnish from time to time. Remove the screw completely (Watch for the washer and spring), Spray it out several times and in both directions with some good carb cleaner. If you are running the #45 pilot & the dynojet kit, try 2 1/4 turns from lightly seated for optimum results around 50-60 degrees.</end quote></div>

I am not too sure which jetting is in. I bought the kit off ebay and my buddy put it in when the carb was out. I didnt clean that oriface at the time but will this time. I have an appointment at Keeney Motosports (TBT) and I will have them do the valves and jet it properly since they know their stuff. Thanks for all your help guys but I think I will let the pro's take this one as I lost my confidence again!

Old 04-18-2008 | 09:17 AM
Pro Rider
Default DS650 dont run right?

The kit does NOT contain the #45 pilot (aka slow jet - The long one) or any pilot for that matter. You need to buy it separately. The dealer probably would not put it in without you asking them to.

I love the design of the DS - We can change needle positions and all jetting without removing the carb! That makes it so much faster.