CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

woods pipe bad fit???....pics..

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 11:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default woods pipe bad fit???....pics..

just got this off of ebay...looks nice,..but fitment is tight...does this look right??

it dosent come close to the frame mount....one of the head pipes is way off as well.....the crancase vent hose is actually touching the header....and the wires behind the sheild that is next to the oil filter are real close as well.....this seems like the way it should be mounted,...is it possible ive got it bolted up incorrectly???

Old 04-19-2008, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider

It is a super tight fit, but ur headers def need adjusted, make sure u have the right header pieces where they belong, they were confusing my first time puttin the pipe on, but i do remember the frame mount tab was off by some, i didnt even use it

Old 04-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider

you need to move that oil breather line, one of mine actually caught on fire once. you can reroute it to the gear shift side and up to the top radiator.

Old 04-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: SANDMAN430

you need to move that oil breather line, one of mine actually caught on fire once. you can reroute it to the gear shift side and up to the top radiator.</end quote></div>

the oil breather tube dosent need to go back to the airbox lines??...

also does the head pipe routing look right?..i cant seem to get them to move much....and the 3 wires that run along side the head and into the crank case...any problems with them melting???

if needed ill take more pics...let me know,...i just wanna get this right before i go riding...thnx!

Old 04-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Trailblazer

hey bro i just purchased the same pipe brand new yesterday, i installed it my self and it fit perfect. hears the exact instruction for instalation, but first of all did you get the two copper head rings,if so you know you were suspose to remove the old rings, anyway hears the instructions. the longer headpipe with the seam in the middle is installed in the left ports first. next, install the midsection, then the u-shaped headpipe in the right port nuts should be only finger tight. megaphone/muffler is then installed using the t-bolt clamp. the front mount on the stock muffler uses a 6mm bolt and the hole must be drilled out to 8mm (5/16) to accommodate the rubber isolation mount. once all parts are in place, tighten all fasteners. when tightening the isolation mount do not twist the rubber or put it in a bind, use oil or blue loctite to lube the threads to prevent twisting. well bro i hope that this will help you out.

Old 04-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have this exhaust on my ds and it has melted the plastic on the electrical wires and also melted the oil breather, its a pretty crap fit but I have manager to re route things etc, Its worth it in the end.

Old 04-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok,..i re-routed the oil hose to the other side and up the radiator,...then took the shield off thats close to the oil filter and zip tied those little wires together and tucked behind the shield then behind the head....im thinking this might stop them from melting...hopefully???.......im not sure i like the connection where the header pipes meet the mid pipe...kinda leaks there a bit but im guessing thats just something i have to deal with...

thanks for the help guys!!

Old 04-19-2008, 11:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider

you'll need to plug that hole in the intake tube, plus you can get a filter for the end of the breather tube. your wires should be ok that way. it's a pretty tight fit as i recall actually i was kind of disturbed also by the fit. the graydon fit perfect then i had to deal with that. but as said earlier in the end all was good.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

If you do a lot of jumping you'll find the swing-arm will ding the muffler section. Nothing you can do about it.. just a design flaw on the exhaust.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bigmo4126

hey bro i just purchased the same pipe brand new yesterday, i installed it my self and it fit perfect. hears the exact instruction for instalation, but first of all did you get the two copper head rings,if so you know you were suspose to remove the old rings, anyway hears the instructions. the longer headpipe with the seam in the middle is installed in the left ports first. next, install the midsection, then the u-shaped headpipe in the right port nuts should be only finger tight. megaphone/muffler is then installed using the t-bolt clamp. the front mount on the stock muffler uses a 6mm bolt and the hole must be drilled out to 8mm (5/16) to accommodate the rubber isolation mount. once all parts are in place, tighten all fasteners. when tightening the isolation mount do not twist the rubber or put it in a bind, use oil or blue loctite to lube the threads to prevent twisting. well bro i hope that this will help you out.</end quote></div>

I too bought a used woods exhaust and did not get those two copper head rings. My fan turns on every five minutes from the leak. Anybody have any pictures or know if it is something you can pick up locally?

Quick Reply: woods pipe bad fit???....pics..