CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

a good setup for the ds

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default a good setup for the ds

THe stock thumb throttle wont cut it with the Lectron. You WILL need an aftermaket Moose or Terry Cable (Same thing). Proper cable routing and throttle setup is critical on the Lectron. Once you get all the peices let us know and we can help you get it setup properly. Eric (Mr HP) should be able to support you as well since you are buying from him.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tips guys. its been quite a few days since ive been in the forum. i just read it today. i ran into some family problems (one of my uncles passed away) and i had to go away for a few days and since he was pretty much alone my dad and i had to arrange the whole burial and everything. if you've been unfortunate enough to pay for one, you would know its pricey. i mean unfortunate because of the fact that someone passed away not because of the money. I plan on ordering the carb (lectron 46) in a few days now but a friend (mech.) is going to set it up. Ill keep you informed to see how it does.

by the way, is anyone selling a vortex cdi. i would love to get my hands on one of those. i went to mexico to one of my relatives ranch and one of my uncles nephews had a ds 650 just with the vortex and the k&n air filter and it definitely felt different than mine when i had the k&n only, of course with the stock cdi.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

The Banshee that you mentioned earlier must be on some decent steroids in order to run a 12 second 1/4 mile!

Old 06-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Trailblazer

hey sport. That banshee does haul a$$. my friend and i are surprised at the speed of that quad. he doesnt know what the motor has so i cant really tell you what makes it run. They just bought it from somewhere in washington area when they were up there form an old man. the guy didnt tell him anything but they sure got a good deal. I think a 12 second quarter mile aint bad at all for a quad, even after wheeling it for like a quarter of the track. my friends brother (age 13) was the one that hit that time. Thats a hell of a time. oh, and the shee has a stock swingarm and axle. it just had some american racer tires (flat track). there are some other banshees from a neighboring city that run faster than my friends, but those have well over $15OOO invested in the quads. and they are low to the ground so they dont wheelie at all. by the way those shees only beat my friend with four or five lenghts in the 1/8 mile we run. usually we hang out on thursdays so today like around six or six-thirty we should be at the airplane strip having some fun.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

Have some fun for me, would ya? Just be safe.
I'd like to 1/4 mile drag some of those hopped up banshee's with my ZX11 Ninja. Especially somewhere where I don't have to fear tickets or even jail time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Trailblazer

sure will. thats why we hang out at the air strip. we asked the owner if we could be there and he said there was no problem. more people from other cities are starting to show up now since its cop free and well you dont have to pay anything. oh and for the quarter mile we go south of the border to an actual drag strip because in the one here they dont let you run the quarter mile only the eight.
its the same thing in the drag strip in mexico except that over there you can run the whole quarter mile and you can even ride around the towns without any problems with the cops.