CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

gade 800 vs raptor

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gade 800 vs raptor

i have a 07 renegade 800, all stock but a slip on hmf...how would i do against a raptor

Old 05-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

As good as the Renny is and I have ridden a Renny it just does not quite compare to the Raptor two totaly diff machines the Reny has probobly about the same top end speed as a Rap stock but that is about it. Shur if you had a good rider on Renny one could beat a Rap but in the big sceem of things the Rap is just a lighter faster more agile machine!!!!

Old 05-21-2008, 02:06 AM
Trailblazer

I am very impressed with my dads renegade 800 but I would line my raptor up beside it any day (both are brand new and stock). I have pulled away from him while running through straight aways just messing around. Maybe with a moddied 800 vs moddied raptor it may be more intresting.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:37 AM
Pro Rider

I really can't believe that question is even entertained. Let's see, in one hand we have a high powered shaft driven 4WD with a 62 hp V-Twin. In the other hand we have a high powered chain driven single cylinder two wheel drive that's 200 plus lbs lighter. Of course there both fast and both very powerful, but facts are fact's, one is a shaft driven 4WD and the other a light weight chain driven two wheel drive. What exactly are we comparing here? One is lighter and will easily run laps around a groomed motocross track. The Renegade will go anywhere off a track without getting stuck or hung up a Raptor would get stuck. You just can't compare these two machines, there both awesome machines that are great in their intended environments.

So to ask how would it do against a Raptor, you need to be more specific. Are you asking how would it fair around a track, or how would it compare when going over difficult, messy off road obstacles. The rougher and more difficult the terrain, the Renegade would be better. If most of the trails you ride on are well groomed fast trails, the Raptor would fair better. If you were to drag race across a field, it would depend on how much traction you got with the Renegade. In 4wd, you'd probably pull ahead quickly at first. I personally love my Renegade where I do most of my riding, but if I lived out West where most of the terrain is wide open and dry, I'd easily prefer a Raptor. These are two totally different machines. Think of it this way, the Renegade is the Raptor of the 4WD market. After all it is the fastest, sportiest, big bore 4WD, and a Raptor is the fastest, sportiest, big bore 2WD !! Any questions?

Old 05-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Trailblazer

you couldn't answer it any better
thank you

Old 05-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Since I own both a 4x4 and a 2wd I can tell you first hand a Raptor will do better off road than one might think! No I am not saying it's a 4x4 but nevertheless still impresive good enought that I ride the Rap 10x more than the Popo. It pretty amazining how much easyier it is to throw around a lighter sport quad after throwing aroud a 700lb popo 4x4 monster!!!!!! They both have there advantages and disadvantages but the Rap meets my needs just fine!! All this in what they call the Rocky mountains!

Old 05-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Trailblazer

How does a renegade get from 600lb to 700lb? I have a slipon and filter with dobeck.I have had many races in the SAND and ifs its stock I will give it a good race and or beat it, this includes 450 also and some of the banshees. Now if you don't believe that then meet me at boxcar and we shall see. Lots of riders dont like to see the renegade lineup wih them and for good reason. On hard ground the raptor will beat on top end.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

[img]i/expressions/brokenheart.gif[/img] Try that without the 4x4 engauged!

Old 05-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

It's a question that can't really be answered without making an assumption. The question is, "how would it do against a Raptor" meaning what exactly. The term "against" is open for interpretation. They're too different to compare in the genre each of them are intended for.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: kas379

It's a question that can't really be answered without making an assumption. The question is, "how would it do against a Raptor" meaning what exactly. The term "against" is open for interpretation. They're too different to compare in the genre each of them are intended for.</end quote></div>

Agreed!!! Sounds as if you wrecked your Reny do you plan on getting another one?

Quick Reply: gade 800 vs raptor