CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

A little help from my friends, please?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little help from my friends, please?

I bought my wife an 05 Honda Rancher 400 AT. Doesn't get much easier to ride than that. She didn't ride it much and it sat in the shed mostly. Battery went dead and the idle jet plugged up. I talked her in to selling it and my AC 500 (which she hated) and bought and Outlander Max.

Too soon to tell if she will ride with me much. I got a new quad out of it though!!

Old 10-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider

have you considered a two up machine, maybe if she could start out riding with you she would get to where she likes it. then your choices would probably increase. there is also the old honda pilots that are auto, they are good in the sand and no fear of the crash as it has a full roll cage, it is two stroke but with the auto it is pretty good. Another thought is finding a pilot that has a bad engine and putting a 4 stroke engine in it, i'm sure ebay has a few utes engines at this point.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider
Can't wait to feel that 130 HP at the dunes.
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A DS 250 has a CVT. My wife just bought one. Haven't had a chance to get it out yet.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't they make a wovernie 450 auto now, that would be a good start.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:46 PM
TPR
The Champ

Ace,

I'm not a big Polaris fan but you could look at the Trailblazer 330. Full auto that's sporty enough for her to grow but not overwhelming.

If I was to go the semi auto 250 route, I'd go with the Suzuki. The Honda is good but I hear the Zuke has a bit more upside.

The Can-Am 250 is good too and since you're not likely to hop it up it's fine. If you plan to upgrade though there isn't much available.

I think the Polaris is the best compromise.

TPR

Old 10-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Range Rover

i think she may want a nice comfortable beach chair, with an umbrella and a few mixed drinks!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Vic!

Our offer is still open for her to try out my wife's Wolverine 350. You saw that it will go most anywhere, but it is a lot more comfortable for a novice rider to learn on. I know it handles way better than my KFX 700, and is an auto. My wife does not like my KFX, it is just too much and doesn't sit comfortable for her.

We have changed our first Glamis outing this year from Halloween to the weekend just before Halloween(next weekend) if you guys would like to come out. We will most likely be camping on Gecko unless you would like to suggest elsewhere.

Cheers!
John

Edit: We suggest you come out to Glamis and rent a rhino for the weekend or even a day prior to plunking down that much cash. You said she did not like the dust, if the dust and noise is keeping her away, we can show you our little private camp spot that we spent last Thanksgiving weekend at. No Banshees 'tuning' in the middle of the night, no long travels practicing their wheelie skills, just nice and quiet.