CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DSXR 750

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DSXR 750

I just purchased an 03 gsxr 750 motor and everything I need to put it in my 04 ds 650. I am wondering if anyone has done this swap and if they have any suggestions on what to get or do before I start it. I realize I need new throttle cables, longer chain and swingarm, but what about the rear sprocket? It is on the right for the ds and on the left for the gsxr. Is there a company that makes a "quick fix" for this?

Old 11-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Trailblazer
Default DSXR 750

Its been done lots off ppl on here have many gsxr converted bikes im sure they'll chime in.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it
Default DSXR 750

You just swap the axle around to the other side and do all of your allignments with the new sprocket on it. You can purchase a sprocket set from Sidewinder they are pretty pricey but very good quality. I purchased my rear sprocket from Supersonic Toys he was a member of the forum but now he is on another site. As far as the motor swap make sure you mount the motor as far back as possible without rubbing on the swingarm. If you need any help on your conversion I will help you out. They are great to ride and once you ride one everything else seems slow with no torque. :0)

Old 11-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DSXR 750

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Tpsycho
They are great to ride and once you ride one everything else seems slow with no torque. :0)</end quote></div>

THat is for sure. I will never go back to a production motored quad for the dunes. Once you ride one your hooked....

Old 11-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!
Default DSXR 750

You need to update your Sig DSengineer to reflect the new Beast!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And add some photos to your photo page.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DSXR 750

Yeah I know, I'll get a few pictures up. Haven't been around here much lately. Been hangin out at the "other" forum...

Here is a video

Old 11-07-2008, 10:22 PM
OMR
Pro Rider
Is Oldmanracing! Also the inventor on the DS650 carb Mod!
Old 11-08-2008, 01:33 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default DSXR 750

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DSengineer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Tpsycho

They are great to ride and once you ride one everything else seems slow with no torque. :0)</end quote></div>

THat is for sure. I will never go back to a production motored quad for the dunes. Once you ride one your hooked....</end quote></div>

You have no idea on how right in so many ways that is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Trailblazer
Default DSXR 750

thanks for the info. Your machine looks pretty sweet. I was looking at the frame and where you had the new motor supports and bottom bars. It looks nice. I was wondering why I should mount the motor as far back as possible? I thought that it would need to be more towards the front. Are you able to ride your machine as a normal quad? Jumping and turning etc?

Old 11-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it
Default DSXR 750

Thanks for the compliments I plan on updating my pics page one of these days. As far as the motor being as far back as possible you need this so your suspention will work properly and not rub your chain on your swingarm I mounted mine as close as I could get it and the center of the output shaft about 1/2 inch above the center of the swingarm bolt these bikes are great for duneing and racing but mine has a 12inch over swingarm so it is not a jumper and it definantly does not turn as good as a stock one and with 12 over I still have a hard time keeping the front end down. If your computer can run a Quicktime video I will send you a video of me racing my conversion at Speedworld so you can see how explosive these conversion's are.

Quick Reply: DSXR 750