CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Outlander 800/R VS. Kawasaki Brute Force 750i

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 09:16 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlander 800/R VS. Kawasaki Brute Force 750i

Hello, i am wondering which of these ATV's are better for the following terain:
1. Lots and lots of thick mud
2. hard packed ground
3. Rocky

Which will perform better on these different terains?
Also which can pull/tow more weight, and which is a better ATV in general.
Which would you choose???
Thanks, and sorry that i am making you read all of this, but please leave any suggestions, anything would help!

KawiMojave

Old 12-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

Lots and lots of thick mud: Can-Ams power excels in this area but the Brute would do just fine
Hard Packed: Both about the same
Rocks: If you're just driving over rocky terrain, the Can-Am has more suspension travel, a better suspension system, and more ground clearnce than the Brute.

Can-Am all the way!

Old 12-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say:

1. Mud - CanAm. Visco lock does well in mud + has more ground clearance.
2. Hard Pack - Tie
3. Rocks - BruteForce. Some people have a hard time with the CanAm Visco lock in rocks while the locker in the BF is pretty foolproof.

Both are great bikes though.

Jaybee

Old 12-16-2008, 10:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jaybeecon55

I would say:

1. Mud - CanAm. Visco lock does well in mud + has more ground clearance.

2. Hard Pack - Tie

3. Rocks - BruteForce. Some people have a hard time with the CanAm Visco lock in rocks while the locker in the BF is pretty foolproof.

Both are great bikes though.

Jaybee</end quote></div>
+1 I totaly agree. This is the whole reason I got the Grizz over the Can-Am as I mainly do rocks and the Visco lock system did not seem like a good system to have I either want it locked or unlocked and for that the Grizz is the best choice. But having the Power that the Can-Am has can become very addictive so if you want a mixture both of I would agree and say go with the Brute!

Old 12-17-2008, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

ya i would give the brute the win on the rocks b/c visco is poor and hard to control. the brute is a great machine and always been up there in my books

Old 12-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Range Rover

OK, But i am wondering what you guys mean when you say the Visco is poor? How is it poor?

Old 12-17-2008, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

I am not sure what he means by poor. It is different. I have the Outlander w/ViscoLok and the Grizzly with a manual locker. We do a lot of rock gardens and 4wd trails. My brother has a KingQuad with a manual locker. There has never been an instance, knock on wood, where the manual lockers did any better in the rough stuff and sometimes the Visco even worked better. There are a lot of folks who "think" the Visco would not work for them with out any real world experience with it, but you know what it it when you "assume". I just feel sorry for them because they know not what they are missing. I have my choice on the trails and I will pick my Outlander every time over the Grizzly. That is just my opinion. I feel like I have a real machine under me with the CanAm and with the Grizz, it feels like a kids quad.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

its pretty much personal preferance. i for one cant stand visco lok.

ill say go with Kawi. it isnt as powerful but you'll thank yourself when your still riding it 5 years later. lol

Old 12-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Visco lock is not 'poor', it just works a little differently. The biggest complaint is when you drive through rocks. Visco lock engages when a small amount of wheel slippage is detected but requires a steady amount of throttle to keep it engaged. If you hit a rock, have the Visco lock hook in, then back off the gas, the locker will disengage. There are a bunch of videos on U-Tube that show Can-Am's leaping all over the trail and just about pitching their riders off and then show other brands of ATV's easily running up the same rocky hills. It's simply a matter of riders not understanding how their locker works - keep a steady throttle on the Can-Am and it will climb rocks as good as any quad out there.

Jaybee

Old 12-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

4strokemurder
No sig so I don't know what your riding. What do you base your dislike of Visco Lok on? Just curious. I will put my foot in my mouth but after being on these forums for longer than I want to remember and reading most if not all the posts, I will venture to say that 99.5% of the Can Am owners are satisfied with the Visco Lok and the few that aren't will admit it is a problem for them in less than 1% of their riding. There are far more non-owners that bash it than owners. Take it for what its worth.

Quick Reply: Outlander 800/R VS. Kawasaki Brute Force 750i