CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Can-am Renegade 800?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 09:30 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can-am Renegade 800?

I was wondering if i could get some input from some of you. My friend has an 08 Renegade 800 thats pretty much stock. I have an 03 660R Raptor thats got a whole bunch of aftermarket,everything from suspension,intake,exhaust,gears, pretty much the works. He wants to trade plus me give him 4 grand cash and i ride off with the can am. Which has only 30 hours on it. What would some of you do? I hate automatics,but they have so much power but i dont know about durability. Any input would be great,thanks....

Old 12-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

...ehhhhhh..if you have the 4 grand i guess so, but then i would sell the rene and buy a 700r or and outlaw..something quicker and a clutch.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

if your not an older person looking for a cushier ride then you will miss the clutch alot... 4 grand is alot of $, you could buy a whole other bike for that! but i do have to say that the renegade and outlander 800s are AWSOME to ride. so much power you will be holding on to the handlebars rather than looking for a clutch...for the first few rides. but it is pretty much top dog on the atvs.

i would not do it because if the 4grand,if you could get him to 3grand then i would think more about it.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:27 AM
Range Rover

i have never in my life owned an automatic. i enjoy having a 6 speed tranny that will absolutely lift the front tires at any point through 5 gears. but riding that can am through some trails,my god,i was literally letting out when normally i would red line a few gears,not with this. i love my raptor,but its an 03. thanks for the input, i love these forums,let me know what you guys think......

Old 12-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Moved this over to the Can-am section as you'll get a better review of the Renagade here.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!

I think it's a great trade. An 08' used would cost more than a 03' 660 and $4000. Just something to think about.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Range Rover

yea,ive been checking on it and i would come out with the better trade,since this atv only has 29 hours on it. but my raptor is freaking tough,no problems ever since i bought it in 04,does anybody know about can am's durability and toughness?

Old 12-31-2008, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

I would go for it, but try to bring the 4 Grand price tag down a bit. If worse comes to worst and you really don't like the Can-Am, you sell it and buy a brand new ATV of your liking. I think it's a good deal...just wish that kind of deal was given to me![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Just make sure everything is in good condition and functions properly!

Old 12-31-2008, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

Can-Am sprouted off of Bombardier which was a pretty good make back then. Bombardier had the first Outlander (330 and the 400) ATVs. My Bombardier booklet is from 2003 and contains the Outlanders. The Outlander was invented before the year 2003 meaning that they've had over 5 years to perfect the Outlander. Don't get me wrong, the Outlander is not perfect but it is still a very good ATV. The Renegade is basically an Outlander in sportier plastics. The Renegades probably have a few different things on them to make them able to handle a more agressive rider, but over all, it is equivlent to a sportier Outlander.

So what I'm trying to say is, the design has been around for a while and the people at Can-Am have had time to resolve most glitches that the Renegades and Outlanders had. With this said, the 08s are pretty reliable and should not give you much trouble if any at all.

As for durability, I can't really say. I've seen guys drive the Can-Ams into the ground and they are still up and runnin'. As long as you don't hit a tree going really really really fast, the ATV won't crumble. Other than that, they can take on normal trail obsticals and much more with no problems.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:18 AM
Pro Rider
Is always changing bikes.

i personally dont miss a clutch bike at all. i love my outlander wouldnt trade it for anything. if i were to buy a new bike right now it would be a new outlander R. you are always in the right gear, they dont beat you to death once you get used to the bike you can run with the sport bikes in the trails and not take the beating! you have 4x4, whats not to love!

Quick Reply: Can-am Renegade 800?