CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Birthday Card - Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2001, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my DS650 about a 1 month before my birthday, and my Dealer send me a birthday card. I thought this was nice & since I just spend 7g with him - a good and pretty cheap customer service. Now my wifes birthday was today and in the mail she received a birthday card from my Dealer also. Now I think this is thoughtful, and good customer service. The Dealer is JD Marine in Dayton, Oh. and the owner/saleman is Jason. If there's a person in the Dayton area looking for Parts, Service or a New Quad, Please check this Dealer out. I don't work for them but if I was looking to change my trade, I would contact them. Nice, Friendly and most of all the service manager Terry really listens and gets things done. Two Thumbs Up & a 4 Star Rating from me! Now after saying all that, if your a dealer reading this. Contact Jason & Terry and take a lesson from them on customer service - along w/ sending a $.50(+ postage) card to your buyers.

And most of all, treat them like family!

Old 02-08-2001, 08:22 PM
Trailblazer

funny...i received a b'day card from my dealer too....the only difference is this is the only correspondence I've seen from him since I've got my STILL UNFIXED traxter back from him back in NOV 2000. I've been speaking to the BOMB factory but I've not seen anything from him...not a call...no email...nothing. He couldn't fix my traxter and...beleive it or not....he left all of my motor mounts loose!. I found them 2 months after I brought it home!

I'm glad you've had good luck with your dealer

Mine stinks!

John C

Old 02-08-2001, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

John, I wish you lived closer! I know this dealer would bend over backwards to take care of this issue. I ordered a K&N power Kit w/ my quad and it took them almost 6 weeks to get it in. Suppler problems I was told. But Jason called me every week to give me a status. And when it did come in, it was wrong. So they reordered and made it right with me. Sorry to hear that a company doesn't want to keep there customers! I wouldn't worry to much thou. If they keep on doing this, they won't be open long. Remember this, 100 people saying a place is good = 1 person saying it not!

Old 02-08-2001, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

That is nice.I bought my DS ON my b-day as present for self, almost 1 year ago, lets see if my dealer sends me a b-day card.

Old 02-08-2001, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

i got a free ds 650 hat.

Old 02-08-2001, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

John,
Been wondering how you have been making out with the Bombardier folks. As mentioned earlier, I feel you dealer is lower than fish crap.

For me, I have only had super luck with both the dealer and Bombardier, makeing all the upgrades even ones I didnt know about when I had it in for routine service and repairing a goofy speedometer. Only charge to me was the oil and filter, no labor even for the PM serviceand since the reprogramming the electric shift etc, it runs better than ever.
Good luck!

Old 02-08-2001, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

I recieved a box of cookies shortly after I bought my ds.Bombardier and my dealer have been great.
Bearman

Old 02-09-2001, 08:55 AM
Pro Rider

Yes I talked the Salesman into giving me a hat also.He acted like it the was made of gold, after I spent that much on a quad.

Old 02-09-2001, 08:40 PM
Trailblazer

Well it's been a long and drawn out process. I've been working with Bomb directly and they've been promising to come directly to my home to check out my traxter. I did speak to the rep again today and...low and behold...they have another engine that's making the same squealing noise mine is. get this, there's only a five sequence number difference between that engine and mine!

As a result, they've now promised to replace both the engine and transmission with a new one!

It seems there was a bad run of castings causing this noise to occur

If they follow thru, it'll make me one happy camper!

This machine is now 4 months out of warranty

we'll see!

JOhn C

P.S. My dealer is and has been TOTALLY USELESS!
BEWARE OF
DUCATI WATERTOWN
WATERTOWN NY