CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

few questions on parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aceisback
Eric @ (270) 334-3331
i think i just found a cheap used one how much are they usually?

and i think im going to get a k&n filter should i leave the lid off the air box or remove the entire air box and do i need one of those prefilter or whatever they are called?

Thanks

Old 04-28-2009, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider

Due to the nature of the carb, removing the airbox lid will cause you problems, unless you make some modifications (Search for OMR Carb mods).

As far as the Ebay cap, I have it and it did make a hefty difference over stock (You will need new silencer packing material and you will want to keep the baffle installed as without it truly hurts the rider's ears). I also have the Dynojet Kit (Moose racing jet kit is exactly the same) and the K&N Filter with an outerwear.

As far as your Big Gun Pricing for the Rev Box (I have that, too, and love it!) , Look in some sellers stores on Ebay - some are much less than the one that you posted.

If you don't need top end speed (I almost never wind it out in 5th), drop the front sprocket a tooth to gain some additional acceleration. If you are a tub like me, drop it 2 teeth! :-)

Old 04-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

would it be worth removing the lid and doing the carb mods and im geting the dyon jet kit would that do anything as far as fixing that?

and im 6'4" bout only 170 lbs and i deffinantly want to keep my top end so im going to keep my sprocket the same unless if i get some different sized street tires

Old 04-28-2009, 07:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Sport400inOH
Due to the nature of the carb, removing the airbox lid will cause you problems, unless you make some modifications (Search for OMR Carb mods).

As far as the Ebay cap, I have it and it did make a hefty difference over stock (You will need new silencer packing material and you will want to keep the baffle installed as without it truly hurts the rider's ears). I also have the Dynojet Kit (Moose racing jet kit is exactly the same) and the K&N Filter with an outerwear.

As far as your Big Gun Pricing for the Rev Box (I have that, too, and love it!) , Look in some sellers stores on Ebay - some are much less than the one that you posted.

If you don't need top end speed (I almost never wind it out in 5th), drop the front sprocket a tooth to gain some additional acceleration. If you are a tub like me, drop it 2 teeth! :-)

i cant find any cheaper ones in the ebay stores it seems like im blind or something can you find one that is less?

Old 04-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Sport400inOH

ok since im going to get the dynojet kit and a k&n filter it says i can remove the airbox but the OMR mods say i have to drill holes and other things if i just follow the dynojet instructions below i shouldent have to do anything besides follow the instructions right and everything should work great? i would follow the instructions on the right and also would i need a prefilter for the k&n? i do a lot of street riding but i do get into dust a bit and not much for water or mud

thank you

http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/Q702.pdf

Old 04-28-2009, 11:28 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

By all means do the OMR mods. If water and mud aren't an issue you can shave some weight by losing the airbox and snorkels altogether. Most of us out West that primarily dune don't run the box. I believe OMR covered this in his write-up.
Can't hurt to put the Outerwear on regardless of which way you go with the airbox.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

so how come the dynojet instructions dont have you do the mods and how would i do the jeting with the OMR mods? im confused why a well known company like dynojet wouldent have me do it if it is neccesary

Old 04-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

OMR mods are just ways to improve performance, Dynojet wouldn't tell you to do them, because they can't charge you for it. Get it? I say do the OMR mods, and watch how big your grin is across your face.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok im looking into both i might do the omr but if i did do the dynojet would it lean out at the top end like omr mods say it will without the airbox?