CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

My first Ds725 Dyno test result from trinity racing this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first Ds725 Dyno test result from trinity racing this weekend

I ended up getting 61.9 Horses on my dyno run, and the carb jetting totally off. It's was running to way rich, but the ds still pulled off 61.9 Horses. The Horse power with the 700 Raptors, were in the mid fiffty, and thats if you at least have a pipe. one of my friends got a 56.5 on his dyno run. He has the trinity stage 3 set up. A little pissed off he was, but his, and mine mutual friend has a LTR450 completely Trinity out with everything Trinity Racing comes with, and he pulled off 69.9 horses that day.

I think I can catch him, so wait till the next posting of this, to here about me getting my jets under control. The Trinity guy said that I can get atleast 70 to 75 horses. He said my Carb was that out of wack, but he said the potintial was hiding under my messy carb, so back to the drawing board. I don't want to ride it running rich anyways.

If you would like to know what I have hooked up check out my site on Atv connection forums. The best forum around

Old 01-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Trailblazer
Default sounds cool

hope you find your hp

Old 01-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Range Rover
Default To a concern friend, my horse powers, is on hold for now.

Originally Posted by ANVIL1988
hope you find your hp
Thanks Anvil1988, I'm fine for know. I had a few ward with my mechanic, and he expressed to me that he noted that he doesn't want any mechanic messing around with his work, and that he purposely went up to a bigger jet sizes in order make my bike run rich to protect my motor untill I broke it in. I was confused about running to rich that makes the motor go bad, or running to lean that would make the engine go bad, And, so know I know (Lean) makes your motor go bad. And thats why I'm running rich. He doesn't want me to blow a freshly complete rebuilt motor with all the upgrades, and money I just put into it, and into transmission. I'm always going to high, and low elevations to ride, and to lean will hurt the motor. "While I'm in the breaking in prosses". And once I bring it in for the next oil change he was going to change the jets back to the required setting. But, I did tell him what I ran on the dyno test, and he said he wasn't surprise, but he was happy that I got to see he wasn't joking about Ron Woods Racing that he suggested in the first place. Hell Trinity says the don't really work on the DS650 application, so they where surprise to see such a old Big bike can make those kinda numbers. Thanks for your concern, hope to see you in the dunes some Tiger.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the Dyno test

Old 01-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

Your actually better off being a tad lean during break in. If your too rich, it will wash out the rings, and they wont seat. On a naturally aspirated motor running gas, you really cant hurt the motor by being to lean, or to rich, unless its like crazy crazy lean. If its crazy rich, your just going to foul plugs out, not hurt the motor. If its too lean, youll just run out of power at a earlier rpm.

Can you post up the Dyno sheets from your 61 hp runs. Im curious as to what the AFR is? Also, what kind of Dyno was this done on?

Old 01-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The runs are posted in his pictures.

But I read the AF to be lean, not rich.........

Old 01-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

HOLY CRAP, does that say 18????? That cant be right. Thats ridiculously lean, unless that dyno reads different than most.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by Goodsound
HOLY CRAP, does that say 18????? That cant be right. Thats ridiculously lean, unless that dyno reads different than most.
Thanks GoodSound, I just called the shop and had them note your findings. Trinity said something, but they don't know to much about DS 650 let a lone one with some minnie major mods, but spark plugs says it all. I'll get back with you tomorrow one again thanks.