CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Do not buy Bombardier or Can Am!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

I wonder if there's a marriage forum out there somewhere, and if there is, why didn't I get the warning?

Old 05-26-2010, 01:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lastguard
Do not buy from this company because customer service sucks! Went to a dealer to order a new fender kit. First can am said that they were available. After taking over 400.00 of my money they sent the front fender. A week later came the rear, broken. Bombardier now says the parts wont be available until August. Tried to call customer service and all I get is a voicemail that says "sorry...we are busy. Call back some other time" Well call this back can am . I will never buy from your company again if this is the best you can do.

ever consider getting your parts from some where else, they are cheaper and easier to deal with. and can am are the best bikes on the market

Old 05-26-2010, 07:42 AM
Trailblazer

Corporate for most of these companies suck. I had a similar experience with GM and it was corporate backing up the incompetent Dealer. Left real bitter, swore I would never buy GM again and bought a new F150. What a difference. Couldn't be happier. However, the new Camaro's are nice and i would definitely go back. It would be with a different dealer. You have to contact another dealer and I'm sure you will be treated different.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

for my parts i just find the part number off can ams web site and then i put the part number in ebay and get my parts, havent been unsatified yet. although shipping stuff to alaska things seem to get beat up for some reason

Old 06-20-2010, 04:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

I took my '04 DS650 to Al's Cycle in Memphis Honda-CanAm and I'll never deal with them. They had my bike for them to check out, had it for 2 weeks before they called me and told me to come get it because they didnt "have a book on it".
Ended up Taking it to a CanAm in Little Rock and they got right on it.
The funny part about the place that did check it out, only one mechanic there out of 6, had ever even worked on a 650. the other's hadn't even seen one in the shop.
But I guess they did "have a book".LOL

Old 06-20-2010, 05:24 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much difference does a dealer make? Huge!

I needed a fuel pump for my 08 outlander 800xt, still under warranty- I called a large can-am dealer 15 minutes from me "motorsports international" The service manager started whining about my warranty being voided because I put larger tires on it & the bike had a snorkel on it- said he'd have to see it first ($75 fee) to determine if my pump was warrantied. Said he couldn't even get to it for 2-3 weeks.

So I called another large BRP / polaris dealer 40 miles away- "Higgins Power Sports" in barre, ma. They took my bike in 3 days- I had it back 7 days later with a new fuel pump- cost me $50 for my deductible- no questions asked and the guy who runs the service dept "Ken" was the most pleasant guy to talk to. Mechanics were great to talk to also- just a great bunch of guys down there.

Guess who's getting my business next time I need parts, service or a new atv... I was happy to drive 80 miles round trip to get friendly prompt service!

Old 06-20-2010, 05:29 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
I wonder if there's a marriage forum out there somewhere, and if there is, why didn't I get the warning?

just caught that post

Old 06-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
And ever notice that it's the only license that doesn't expire??

Old 06-20-2010, 05:25 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by Bombardier_Brad
And ever notice that it's the only license that doesn't expire??
and no matter how bad you f-up, it'll never be revoked

Old 06-23-2010, 08:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

I sure hope my outlander doesn't break down, to get it to the nearest dealer, which is 300 miles away I would have to send it out by freight plane, no roads in or out of my village and that don't cost cheap. One of the perks of living in Alaska.

Quick Reply: Do not buy Bombardier or Can Am!