CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

i fixed woods stage1 kit problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2001, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone that has stage1 has had a hesitation off idle, you can't gas it real fast, well i put the accellerator pump in the 45mm carb and it fixed it, now you can crack the throttle as fast as you want, it's instant power (big grin), i was suprised cause ron woods said it prabably wouldn't help and that they all hesitate, he was so wrong, it wheelies whenever i want it to now.

Old 03-04-2001, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

Jimmie i am glad to hear that because ron told me the same thing. but i told him to send me one anyhow. was it hard to install?

Old 03-04-2001, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

not to hard, pull off the carb, take off the float bowl, take out the plug or screw whatever you wanna call it, then the pump dont fit so drill the hole out just bigger than the rod, then install it with the boot on the outside of the carb, then adj the white thingy that the throttle cable goes into, theres a screw with a spring that adj the travel of the white piece that rotates and hits the pump shaft, i took the screw with the spring off, and thats it, reinstall it and you now have instant response as fast as you can turn the throttle off of low idle, no hesitation.

Old 03-04-2001, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

Hi jimmie I was messing around with mine yesterday and saw just what you were talking about on the phone, I'm glad to here that this fix's the problem, guess I'll call ron tommrow. I'd be interested to hear how it went in too. did you sell those paddles?

Old 03-04-2001, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

thanks alot Jimmie

Old 03-04-2001, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

DSjockey give ron hell and he will send you one for free. he is sending mine for free.

Old 03-05-2001, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

Ron sent a free one to me too,been running mine for about a month.Works great off idle,but I did have problems with it loading up when you are on and off the throttle too quick,had to ajust the pump so it stopped sending fuel past 1/2 throtle,still loads up ounce in while but I can live with it,better than not having the acc.pump plus Im sure if I play with it some more I can get it more to my liking,It's so easy to ajust with-in seconds you can have as much fuel as want or as little as you want and when you want it to come on or off

Old 03-05-2001, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

jeff what are you adjusting excactly to keep it from loading up? are you adjusting the screw with the spring so it doesn't pump as much, i took that screw out.

Old 03-05-2001, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

jimmie, there is a small long screw,at the top installed vertically with a slot for a small flat head screw driver and another shorter phillips head screw(with a spring) installed horizontally by ajusting these two screws you can dictate when or at what throttle position you want the pump to start sending fuel and when to stop,I think you should of left the screw & spring in that you took out.The only thing I disposed was the plug.I have toned down the amount of fuel the acc. pump gives you but I need to run pretty lean where I ride 4000 and up.I was told (by a motorcycle/watercraft mechanic)that you should have the acc.pump come in at 1/4 throttle

Old 03-05-2001, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

Jeff you're wrong about the 1/4 throttle thing thats why it falls flat off idle , a sudden rush of air and no fuel, you want it to start pumping as soon as the slide starts to move, so take the screw with the spring out then adj. the vert. screw so it stops about 1/4 throttle. i let mine pump all the way for now, i will adj. it accordingly.

Quick Reply: i fixed woods stage1 kit problem