CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Warning

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 09:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning

Warning to all atv riders. i purchased a brand new Can Am DS450 xmx from Performance East Inc or East Carolina Powersports from out of state. When the bike arrived at my house i notice the bike had been used. i figured since it was a 2009 model it would have some wear from the show room, but this bike had been used.

The first clue that i has been ripped off was when the bike would not start. i replace the battery and got the bike to run. But once the bike warmed up it would stall and would not start. after several tries later I gave up and took the bike to the local dealer in Miami.

The Dealer plugged the computer in and we found that the bike had 22 hours and no service. Later the dealer calls me and tells me that the bike had been over filled with oil and all the sensors needed to be removed and cleaned. No big deal the bike is new and should be under warranty. Wrong! Since its a human error to over fill the bike with oil Can Am will not cover this repairs.

My issue with Performance East and East carolina Powersports is that they sold me a used bike as new and not properly maintained bike. I call, and they do not respond, i email them and they call the local repair place liars.

Do not buy or deal with Performance East and East Carolina Powersports

These pictures were taken on day one before i could ride the bike.
Name:  415.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  55.6 KB
Name:  417.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  38.9 KB
Name:  413.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  129.9 KB

Old 10-25-2010, 11:21 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

should have inspected it before signing for it I guess.
Open a case with the BBB on line (it's free) and take them to small claims- it only cost $35 to file in courf and you can do it locally.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

This is as much your fault as it is the dealers.

I dont know anybody who buys a brand new ATV and dont inspect it before they buy it.

Granted, the dealership has responsibilites too, but you should have checked it over too.

Good Luck!

Old 11-13-2010, 08:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

FINAL Update.
after 6 weeks i got my so called not so new "new bike". they replaced the exhaust cam and the bike is finally running. BRP was great, a new battery, new starter, new cam, and 10 hour service for $27.

for sure my next bike will be a Can Am, but i will never buy from Performance East. and will continue to share my bad experience with them.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

WOW...sorry to hear this terrible news! It is hard to believe in this day and age...(technology)...that we still cannot trust a dealership when they claim selling a new machine...and it turns out used.

If it were me...I might take a trip to visit the dealership in person...and get nose to nose with the jerk who sold the machine.

Dude...glad to hear that BRP stood behind the product...and the cost was only $27.

Happy trails...and good luck with your DS450 from this point forward.

biz