CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Good Outty and Rene riding videos on YouTube

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Outty and Rene riding videos on YouTube

I've been watching a lot of different Can-Am videos on YouTube and came across this member. He's in Finland and his videos are some of the best I've found. Thought you all would like a look.

YouTube - ‪mikli75's Channel‬‏

Old 05-20-2011, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only bad thing is, some tree huggers would take the section of them tearing upstream on that little creek, and scream bloody murder about how they are destroying trout spawning beds, aquatic life, etc. and the sad thing.....they would be right. Why go up a nice clean stream, tearing up a delicate environment that took possibly decades to set up, when you have a nice wooded area to ride in. I love to ride, and challenging terrain is one of the best rides, but did they need to totally rip up that beautiful little stream? It may look like just water and big rocks, but there is a delicate, balanced ecosystem in the small rocks, pebbles and silt deposited over the years in the stream bed. I imagine that one trip up there will take a year or more to settle back to normal, and the anti-atv crowd eats up stuff like that. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, be careful what you post on the internet, anyone and every one can use it, either for or against you. Ok, jumping off the soapbox now.......

Old 05-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 95wolv
The only bad thing is, some tree huggers would take the section of them tearing upstream on that little creek, and scream bloody murder about how they are destroying trout spawning beds, aquatic life, etc. and the sad thing.....they would be right. Why go up a nice clean stream, tearing up a delicate environment that took possibly decades to set up, when you have a nice wooded area to ride in. I love to ride, and challenging terrain is one of the best rides, but did they need to totally rip up that beautiful little stream? It may look like just water and big rocks, but there is a delicate, balanced ecosystem in the small rocks, pebbles and silt deposited over the years in the stream bed. I imagine that one trip up there will take a year or more to settle back to normal, and the anti-atv crowd eats up stuff like that. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, be careful what you post on the internet, anyone and every one can use it, either for or against you. Ok, jumping off the soapbox now.......
Thank you. But some people just don't get it.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:06 PM
Trailblazer

I agree 95, could of done without the tearing up the beautiful creek

Old 05-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Trailblazer

Post a comment to his video and let him know how you feel.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"

That was an interesting trailer they had.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by jaybeecon55
That was an interesting trailer they had.

You meant the plastic "dome" cover which is hinged to front of bed and haves gas springs to keep it open?

Here it is and I wish there would be similar available here in States but then there is so many trailers that no one could keep stock for all sizes.

Juhta Oy

Old 05-23-2011, 07:46 AM
Trailblazer

I can understand and agree with the "Tread Lightly" comments that have been posted. Though I'm still surprised that this has been the main focus on this thread. How many other YouTube videos show the same type of creek riding, mud churning, grass rip riding? Most......

Old 05-23-2011, 05:25 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RickB
I can understand and agree with the "Tread Lightly" comments that have been posted. Though I'm still surprised that this has been the main focus on this thread. How many other YouTube videos show the same type of creek riding, mud churning, grass rip riding? Most......
I agree with you rick-

When I went riding up in canada, we hit a ton of creeks- spinning rubber tires in some rocky creeks & riverbeds aint hurting a thing- that creek (river) was just full of rocks- it's better then tearing through the forest. Those videos look like they were shot on the power grid also- we hit grids like that in canada- they go on for hundreds if not thousands of miles. the roads are all worn from logging trucks, 4x4 vehicles, hunters & atv'ers- There's no more or less of an "eco system" in that erroded rocky river then there is under the soil in that forest- one is not better then the other... in fact- you'd be destroying more "eco" riding in the forest then that river.

I tread lightly when it's called for- I just got back from an atv camping trip in the white mountains in NH- These mountain trails are subject to thousands of atv's every year- and they look the same... every year (I posted pics in my album).

There's thousands and thousands of atv videos showing atv's riding in water- I don' know why (or how) anyone would watch this video and be offended
I even started a charity to repair a damaged soccer field caused by atv's-

just saying

about he trailer thing- looks like the upper trailer bed is resting on the back of that polaris rack

Old 05-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!

I never said I was offended, or was against it completely, I love riding on established trails and the occasional ditch ride, I was just saying, the extremist tree huggers that want to see every motorized vehicle banned from public land can use clips like that to slant to their advantage, making it look like riders are purposely choosing to tear up a stream, instead of staying on state or county maintained established trails. Possibly the terrain was even rougher off the stream, or too deep and muddy, I am not condemning anyone for where they choose to ride, just that some people can use our "fun time" videos as a one sided, slanted campaign against us, although, anyone could edit even a harmless video to make it look a lot worse than it is, I was just saying, we are being watched, and second chances sometimes are not given.

Quick Reply: Good Outty and Rene riding videos on YouTube