CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bomb Customer service 2nd to NONE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2001, 10:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys...here's the deal. I've had a traxter from May '00. It's always had trouble with shifting and making a hydraulic noise. I worked with my dealer who was TOTALLY USELESS. To make a long story short....I was contacted by arep from the factory. After explaining my issue and describing the problem in detail, The factory replaced my engine and tranny free of charge!
And this was 4 months out of warranty!
I don't think any other ATV company would've done this....

I'm now happy and would not hesitate buying another Bomb product!

John C

Old 03-12-2001, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

Well thats your opinion............my DS 650 was 2 months out of warranty and they would ONLY pay for half the cost of parts NOT including labor for my blown motor. I have a MUCH different opinion of Bombardier. In fact if it wasn't for this forum, the bombardierds650.com forum and the e-mail to Bomb's customer service from those forums I doubt they would have done anything at all. Its fixed now and running well so far. Lets see if the motor holds past the 20 hour mark this time and as far as Bombardiers customer service goes.....I for one am NOT happy. I'm glad they did something good for you but they sure did'nt do much for me.

Old 03-13-2001, 02:35 PM
Range Rover

JohnC, Glad to hear this worked out for you. We've been following your problem for a while. We are about to buy our second Traxter and feel better about buying it. Question: Did they take your old items back to Bombardier? If so, I assume it's for research or final verification as to what went wrong. Did they tell you they'd follow-up with you about their findings? Just wondering.

Old 03-13-2001, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

JohnC,
I am also glad to hear you finally got results. I had no doubt if handled in a reasonable manner and you got away from the dealer you had, you would find them (Bombardier) reasonable to deal with.
Enjoy like the rest of us.

Old 03-13-2001, 09:38 PM
Trailblazer

Based on what I was told, the engine/tranny willbe sent back to Bomb and placed on a dyno to determine what is causing the noise. I just got the traxter back this past saturday so I've not heard the results.

I'm happy with how I was treated

JC

Old 03-13-2001, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

Alittle harsh, but I'm thinking the same line as you. I think that theirs a warranty period for a reason. It's nice if a company steps out and covers the parts after the period is over. ProEMTPFF, your looking at your blown motor as "I had to $ labor" & not "I had to buy a new motor and $ labor". Count your blessings!

Old 03-14-2001, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

A little harsh there Kelly. This is a forum and I live in the USA where we do have freedom of speech. So like I said it is MY opinion that Bombardier customer server sucks. I am grateful that they did help me when in all reality they did'nt have to BUT to deal with the arrogant French Canadanians was not a pleasure to say the least. They took no interest in finding out why the motor blew. As a "rookie" in the ATV world I would think they would like to know what caused the motor to blow. I am not the only DS owner that has had a blown motor and I would like to think that a company would like to know the cause to see if it was or wasn't a manufacturing defect and make improvements to to better thier product. But it seems they have no interest in doing that. I am happy with my DS and I'm still glad I did'nt buy a Raptor. I just wanted a little more help with the cost of a $3,000 motor, like maybe selling me the other half of the parts at cost. And why did they fix the above Traxter that was 4 months out of warranty and not my DS? Is it because its a utility and mine is a sport? So maybe when a Bombardier customer servervice rep is needing a Firefighter EMT-Paramedic here and they do have a plant here maybe I'll ask if they are a utility or sport model and if they say sport I'll only give them half the care they need because they are 2 months out of warranty................LOL Just kidding.

Old 03-14-2001, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider

Mr. Pro, I am not sure why anyone would call you a crybaby are want to cram anything down your mouth.I often wonder how much whinning these people would do if they were in your situation. I don't blame you for being upset with bombardier. I to feel it would be in their best interest to know why your motor blew. I hope your bike continues to run well.

Old 03-14-2001, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

Well it appears Kelly can NOT carry on a intelligent conversation or for that matter spell all that well. So you my friend shall be ignored by me and by others I hope from now on. Oh and Kelly please stop the harassing IM's to me on AOL or you'll force me to report you.

Old 03-15-2001, 10:34 AM
Trailblazer

Alright,who let the 8 year olds in here(Kelly).Everyone has a right to their opinion and if you cannot keep your response intelligent and adult like,please don't respond.I'd agree that Bomb will probally spend less time and money helping us DS owners than the Traxter owners.Sure i run my DS hard but did they not make it for that purpose????I mean if i was running a traxter on a track and jumping it i don't think i'd complain to bomb about it.Any motor that blows w/out a known reason after being inspected at 8 months of life,the manufactuar should take a serious look at repairing or replacing it.

Quick Reply: Bomb Customer service 2nd to NONE!