CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Graydon products

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2001, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You would think I would have known by now that when I went to install the new rear skid plate from Graydon,that there were no instructions or bolts,what a pain in the a$$,also I was told it would fit the 42 tooth rear I have NOT!!!.Seems to be typical of every one of there products that I have bought.The steering dampner had the no instructions and had the wrong allen bolts.The billet gas & brake covers leak,have to put the stock caps on when riding aggressive.The pipe was sent back to get a bracket welded back on(still waiting to get it back)plus it leaks at the joints(they sold me some hi-temp silicone)dont think it's going to hold long.Also getting tired of running to the hardware store for new bolts,etc. every time I install one of there there products.I am mechanically inclined but for those who are not it really has to be frustrating.Just letting off some steam
Thanx
jeff

2000 400ex
e-series exaust
2000 DS650
Ron Wood: stage #2,carb/w acc.pump,K&N filter on carb w/outerwear,tach in dash,15 tooth front
sprocket,twist throttle & HD clutch springs.
Graydon Prolineipe w/super-trapp tip,steering dampner,rear skid,billet-gas,oil & brake caps,
Renthal bars
Pro-Design kill switch
PIAA superbrite replacement headlamp
L.E.D. tail light
bicycle computer with odometer,speedo,altimeter
Sidewinder 42 tooth rear sprocket
22x8x10 razorsbacks in front
22x11x10 ten paddle haulers in rear
Chrome front bumper,rear grab bar,radiator grill,foot pegs,shifter & footbrake
new plastic on order

Old 03-15-2001, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

jeff i want to see the led tail light? can i get one, anyway i got graydon nerfs and bumper and they fit great, i'll take your opinion on the other afterjunk products they have.

Old 03-16-2001, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

Jimmie,I do have the nerfs on my shopping list so thats good to know.The L.E.D. tail light,I found at a bmw motorcycle shop(when buying shims to ajust the valves on my DS)I thought it looked cool,it is a aftermarket auxillary brake light that mounts to a motorcycle license plate.To utilize brake and tailight functions they sell a (optional)diode/resistor type device that you tie inline with the wiring.I will e-mail you a pic see what you think.By the way I like the graydon rear skid but you have to pull the brake rotor off and the sprocket to remove the old plastic skid plates and you can't use the old bolts because they are tapered allens,also if you keep the upper chain guide on it needs to modified or rubs hard on the side of chain.It would be nice(with instructions) to know what you are getting into before you tear into it.If I re-drill or inlarge the mounting holes I think I can get the 42 tooth sprocket to clear
jeff

Old 03-16-2001, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

cool jeff e mail me at jimg@parrett

Old 03-17-2001, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

jeffnrivercity,I am having the exsact same problem with my Graydon head pipe.I have put that same high temp do it all silicone,on my head pipe ,four times and it starts leaking every time.Gradon should send instrutions with their products,thats for sure.I still love the performance gains and I love the looks.I wonder if the stock head pipe would fit the graydon?

Old 03-17-2001, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

clif,I here ya I like the looks and the perfomance gains also,also glad that there are companys out there like Graydon to to make these products available to us(as you know it's not easy to find aftermarket parts for the DS)just wish Graydon would spend little more time on quality control and realizing we can not read there minds when it comes to the install
jeff

2000 400ex
e-series exaust
2000 DS650
Ron Wood: stage #2,carb/w acc.pump,K&N filter on carb w/outerwear,tach in dash,15 tooth front
sprocket,twist throttle & HD clutch springs.
Graydon Prolineipe w/super-trapp tip,steering dampner,rear skid,billet-gas,oil & brake caps,
Renthal bars
Pro-Design kill switch
PIAA superbrite replacement headlamp
L.E.D. tail light
Bicycle computer with odometer,speedo,altimeter
Sidewinder 42 tooth rear sprocket
22x8x10 razorsbacks in front
22x11x10 ten paddle haulers in rear
Chrome front bumper,rear grab bar,radiator grill,foot pegs,shifter & footbrake
new plastic on order

Old 03-17-2001, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

jeffnrivercity,I think what's happening is that when it heats up and when you give it throttle,it pulls apart from vibrations and breaks the seal.I noticed that the stock head pipe connections were a good design.Its the big stock muffler that is to contricted.

Old 03-19-2001, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider

jimmie, e-mail you at jimg@parret.????

Old 03-19-2001, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

posted some pics of the led light here http://content.communities.msn.com/i...st&id_topic=16

Old 03-21-2001, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

jeffnrivercity,I just stoped my leak on my head pipe!Go to Autozone or a auto parts store and get some Victor muffler mender in the orange tube.I used the mendor at the start of the connections,(closest to the inside of the pipe)with my fingers ,and used what silicone I had left at the other end of the connections.I took it out today, and rode it hard and NO leaks. It ran killer!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Graydon products