CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Plastic end caps on front/rear bumpers, rear trunk on 2012 Outlander 1000xt

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Plastic end caps on front/rear bumpers, rear trunk on 2012 Outlander 1000xt

Anyone else having a hard time with the plastic end caps they put on the front and rear bumpers on your 2012 Outlander 800 or 1000 XT getting caught on everything in the woods? Two trips in the woods, I've ripped off 3 sets of the plastic end caps. Its a terrible design, they stick out farther than the fenders and tires. Anyone come up with an alteration to make them trail friendly?! I go riding with friends who have a Polaris 850 and Suzuki King Quad 750 and neither get caught on trees and brush like I do. One little branch off a pricker bush yesterday ripped one set of the plastic end caps off.... its ridiculous

Also, the rear trunk doesn't stay closed. If you go over a small jump, hit some whoops, even just riding down a bumpy road the trunk just opens and flaps. I'm worried one of these times the hinges are just going to break. That trunk is expensive and a pain to replace. I've lost my winch controller out of the trunk because it won't stay closed.

If you are having the same issues, call your dealer or email brp.service@brp.com so they will issue a recall. I'm on another forum and there's over 100 people on there with the same issue. They are all going to call their dealers and email brp direct. We spend too much money on these machines for them not to be engineered correctly. Poor designs on both items.

Here's the email address again for Can-Am direct brp.service@brp.com, also Damian's number is 888-272-9222 ext 2606, he is your typical customer service manager for a large corporation. You have to ask very direct questions if you want answers, he's well trained at avoiding questions or not giving the customer the answer they desire for the sake of the company. He really hasn't been helpful in any way possible to date but atleast he's a manager and I believe he does talk to the higher ups with this kind of stuff. The rest of the customer service line is useless, typical cheap help. None of which I think have used any of their products.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Picture for reference

By chrometoyota at 2011-12-31

Old 01-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by chrometoyota
Anyone else having a hard time with the plastic end caps they put on the front and rear bumpers on your 2012 Outlander 800 or 1000 XT getting caught on everything in the woods? Two trips in the woods, I've ripped off 3 sets of the plastic end caps. Its a terrible design, they stick out farther than the fenders and tires. Anyone come up with an alteration to make them trail friendly?! I go riding with friends who have a Polaris 850 and Suzuki King Quad 750 and neither get caught on trees and brush like I do. One little branch off a pricker bush yesterday ripped one set of the plastic end caps off.... its ridiculous

Also, the rear trunk doesn't stay closed. If you go over a small jump, hit some whoops, even just riding down a bumpy road the trunk just opens and flaps. I'm worried one of these times the hinges are just going to break. That trunk is expensive and a pain to replace. I've lost my winch controller out of the trunk because it won't stay closed.

If you are having the same issues, call your dealer or email brp.service@brp.com so they will issue a recall. I'm on another forum and there's over 100 people on there with the same issue. They are all going to call their dealers and email brp direct. We spend too much money on these machines for them not to be engineered correctly. Poor designs on both items.

Here's the email address again for Can-Am direct brp.service@brp.com, also Damian's number is 888-272-9222 ext 2606, he is your typical customer service manager for a large corporation. You have to ask very direct questions if you want answers, he's well trained at avoiding questions or not giving the customer the answer they desire for the sake of the company. He really hasn't been helpful in any way possible to date but atleast he's a manager and I believe he does talk to the higher ups with this kind of stuff. The rest of the customer service line is useless, typical cheap help. None of which I think have used any of their products.
I've owned my machine since October 1st, 2011 and have only managed to ride it 4 times. However, I lost one of the rear end caps by clipping a tree, AND my rear truck stayed open long enough and lost my winch controller.

Other than these two issues, I'm very happy with the machine!

Old 01-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Trailblazer

Those caps look the same as the ones on my 2011 outy, i dont have any problems with mine.