CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ds650 wheel question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ds650 wheel question.

Haven't been here in a while.. anyhow, I need some help on rear wheel info for my 07 ds650. I have size 22x11x10 itp sand stars. I need to buy rear wheels since these tires do not fit the stock wheels. I have heard that 4/144 fits if you bore out each hole slightly with a drill bit. I'm not sure what size I need for these tires. Is it 9x10 4/143? Im lost since I can't find any in this size. Is something wrong? What size do I need to fit these tires? Please help. Leaving to glamis in a couple of weeks and need to get these wheels shipped to me asap. Thanks in advance!

Old 10-24-2012, 08:52 AM
Range Rover
Default really no help?

30 views and no help? Someone please help...

Old 10-24-2012, 11:07 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Yes, 9in diameter, 10in width, 4/144.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:09 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by aceisback
Yes, 9in diameter, 10in width, 4/144.
My tires are 10" diameter though...

Old 10-24-2012, 11:42 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Sorry about that, I answered in a hurry at work. You will need a 10in diameter wheel. Width can be 9 or 10in since you have an 11in width.
Offset is up to you.
OEM bolt pattern is 4/143 and a 4/144 has worked for many of us with no issues. Find a drill bit that just fits the hole and go up one size from there. You will be able to slide the wheel right over the studs as if it were stock.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Range Rover

Sorry about that, I answered in a hurry at work. You will need a 10in diameter wheel. Width can be 9 or 10in since you have an 11in width.
Offset is up to you.
OEM bolt pattern is 4/143 and a 4/144 has worked for many of us with no issues. Find a drill bit that just fits the hole and go up one size from there. You will be able to slide the wheel right over the studs as if it were stock.
Thanks dude. Also what is a good pressure to run in my paddles for the sand. Front and back. I have itp sand star if that matters.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Military Rider

I've always used 6psi up front and 5psi in the rear. Alot of guys I ride with run one pound lower front and rear but I've been known to do some barrel rolls and cartwheels before so I like to stay a pound over to help the bead stay on a little better! I can tell you that losing a bead out in the middle of the dunes and filling the tire with sand in the process really sucks. Gotta get the sand out to reseat the tire and you're probably not doing that until you get towed back to camp.

Where are you located? I've normally been to Glamis once or twice already by now but the wife is running for a seat on the City Council so I've been very busy with the campaign. Election is Tuesday and she won't need me anymore! I'm heading to the dunes shortly thereafter. Always looking for new folks to ride with. Maybe we'll hook up down there this season.

Gotta get BigRay, Jimbo5o, Erbe, and some of the rest of the DS crowd together before we all get too old.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:47 AM
Range Rover

I've always used 6psi up front and 5psi in the rear. Alot of guys I ride with run one pound lower front and rear but I've been known to do some barrel rolls and cartwheels before so I like to stay a pound over to help the bead stay on a little better! I can tell you that losing a bead out in the middle of the dunes and filling the tire with sand in the process really sucks. Gotta get the sand out to reseat the tire and you're probably not doing that until you get towed back to camp.

Where are you located? I've normally been to Glamis once or twice already by now but the wife is running for a seat on the City Council so I've been very busy with the campaign. Election is Tuesday and she won't need me anymore! I'm heading to the dunes shortly thereafter. Always looking for new folks to ride with. Maybe we'll hook up down there this season.

Gotta get BigRay, Jimbo5o, Erbe, and some of the rest of the DS crowd together before we all get too old.
Once again. Thanks for the help. Good luck to your wife. We'll I live in Pasadena. A lot of my buddy's and I will be headed to glamis the weekend before thanksgiving. I have never been to the dunes. Excited to see what glamis is like. If you want we can meet up there. Roughly around 30 ppl are coming. We will be there for the weekend. Let me know.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Military Rider

You will love Glamis. Hopefully you're with a crowd who lets you get the feel for the sand and build your confidence before hitting it hard. Just remember speed is your friend and brakes will get you in a heap of trouble. And NEVER stop your DS headed uphill. Hopping off and unsticking these pigs will wear you out in a heartbeat.
Stay in the leaders tire tracks and you'll be good.