CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS-650 for Fourlix !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2001, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$6500 is the best I could do.($7,300msrp)They have two in Las Cruces. I almost left a deposit...Think I'll go ahead and phone one in tomorrow. The size and suspension are so much more impressive than the Raptor, which seems to only have reverse in its favor, seeming tall, narrow, shocks stiff and short, I saw two of them today too. Did not get any rides, though I asked. Why are people and dealers so stingy with test rides anyway? Geez I always let people try out my ride, sometimes even if they are not interested! The dealers say the vehicle hasn't been "serviced" yet. Even after showing the sales guy my boat check for $22K !
Anyway, I will probably sell my H.O. depending on how much it gets ridden. It is so different from the DS it might be good to keep. My old blue 325 Magnum got pretty beat up being the rookie ride, I guess that's why people are stingy with their test rides huh?
I must say also that the Bombardier forum has been pretty fun too, almost as cool as the Arctic Cat guys. Then there are those Y,m,h, guys of course, which is why I'd rather call this home base than.. well.. you get the idea.
Friendly rivals is a term we should all aspire to here. DS and Raptor fans will continue this for a while I'm sure...
Silly later,,,,Fourlix

Old 03-27-2001, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

Oh yeah,,, almost forgot, I want to put taller tires and a skid plate on the rear sprocket/swing arm. As well as Timmy-Boy upper A-arms or the home fix somebody was talking about on here a couple of days ago.
Any Tire reccomendations?, taller is better, but have to clear footpegs right? and smaller front sprocket right? Jet kit? What else? Limiter/CDI? Here we go again..
Silly Later,,,,,Fourlix

Old 03-27-2001, 04:40 AM
Pro Rider

I RIDE IN THE SAND I USE 22" PADDLE TIRES ON MY DS AND NEVER RUBED ON ANYTHING!THE MOST IMPORTANT IS TOO DO IS SET YOUR SUSPETION FRONT AND BACK IT WILL MAKE A WORLD OF DIFFRENCE ON IT PERFORMS AND HOW IT HANDLES!

Old 03-27-2001, 10:25 AM
Range Rover

Hey fourlix, you have made the correct choice. I love my DS and will never trade it in unless I'm getting a newer one. I don't know where Gila, NM is. How far away from ABQ?

Old 03-27-2001, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

And the check is in the mail. $6500 without the accessory promotion, ($6800 with). I'll pick it up Thursday.
I also ordered Timmy boy upper A-arms, skid plate for the rear, an armadillo pack rack (holds a cooler and a gallon gas can) a 14 tooth front sprocket, and Holeshot XCT 23x7x10 and 22x11x9 6 ply tires. Everything is coming 2 day or less. Friday night is going to be fun putting it all together. Saturday, whoa baby, watch out.
Anybody want to buy the stock tires? they will have 0 miles on them. I am not driving this thing till it's mods are done. Friday night I may be pissing off some neighbors, eh?
Silly Later,,,Fourlix

Old 03-27-2001, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

Albuquerque is pretty far, about 260 miles.
People from here do it all the time, but the drive sucks. The "Black Range" road from Silver over to T or C really sucks. Twisty, treacherous and boring back and forth for too long. The other way is to head west from Socorro past the
Very Large Array then south at Datil to Reserve then south to Cliff, then across the valley to Gila. We ride in the Burros, about 15 miles south. Gila National Forest, 500 miles of mountain trails, mining roads and sandwashes. I'll let you know how the DS does. I know there are places better suited for my sportsman, but the DS will have a blast on the trails and washes. Some of these old mining trails are so rough and rocky, but the 4x4 only gets you a couple of hundred yards past where the 2 wheel drives can go anyway. There are plenty of spots you can only walk the last stretches anyway, so HOT RODS TO HELL! We got sport quads!
Silly Later,,,Fourlix

Old 03-27-2001, 09:12 PM
Range Rover

geez- all you polaris guys are leavin! its gettin lonely back in the other forum, i have to come here to read the good posts. lol i might have to sell the scram and get one of these ds650's they sound like fun. considering its almost impossible to make a stock polaris 4-stroke faster.

Old 03-27-2001, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

Hey 3TV...Fourlix here, again..
Page 143 of the new Dirt Wheels with the Cannondale on the front. Rocky Mountain ATV ad.
There is a small picture of the rack. Looks like yours but quite a bit smaller, carries a one gallon gas can, included, for $79. They said it fits the DS, and I assume, replaces the grab-bar.
I can't wait. I've had some hot rides in my life.. My Maico 250, '71 Blazer, 911 Porsche, 308 Dino Ferrari, 944 Porsche. I've been to all of those factories, except the chevy. This is the first rocket ride I've had in ten years...
I still love them all, they were all very good to me. I'd like to thank the Academy...and my babysitter..and my agent...stay tuned for a post first ride report on Saturday.....
Silly Later,,,,Fourlix

Old 03-28-2001, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider

I'm gonna sign the papers on my DS today

Old 03-28-2001, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

way to go andrew you made the wright choice.

Quick Reply: DS-650 for Fourlix !!