CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS-650 for Fourlix !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2001, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it was pretty silly ripping through the fields last night, not knowing that first gear was down, not up. Sure makes for a hot take off though!! At least I figured it out before going to bed. I rode it about midnight to turn off an irrigation headgate and discovered the real first gear and not having to act like some sort of dune dragging Banshee.
I had a couple of good rides today, one stock, one with the Timmy Boy A-arms, which were easy to install, about an hour, with no directions. They Rock!
All the goodies arrived, the Timmy Boy A-arms from Greydon, skidplate and 14 tooth sprocket
came yesterday, and the XCT's and Armadillo Back Rack today. I currently have a DS-650 No-wheeler,
'cause the tires and wheels are over at the garage till morning. Everything else is installed and waiting for a big ride tomorrow.
The Timmy Boy A-arms went on first. After a thorough stock test ride, The Timmy Boys went on and did the same fireroad, sandwash test route.
What a beautiful product. These are works of art.
Totally adjustable. I went for near maximum castor, for sand, near zero camber, and just 1/8" toe-out. Fine tuning to come.
Being able to adjust these values quickly and easily is a joy. A better way to measure/calibrate these values is needed.
I think they are a huge improvement and worth the $$.($375-$395 for the uppers) Especially in sand, powersliding fireroads and trails and rough.
Can I soften up the front shocks any????I may post this separatly, I did think the front end could have been a lot softer on the rough rocky stuff we have out here. The rear shock has lots of adjustment, How can I soften up the front end?